Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Summer Poems





'Tis moonlight, summer moonlight,
All soft and still and fair;

The solemn hour of midnight
Breathes sweet thoughts everywhere,
But most where trees are sending
Their breezy boughs on high,
Or stooping low are lending
A shelter from the sky.
And there in those wild bowers

A lovely form is laid;

Green grass and dew-steeped flowers
Wave gently round her head.
I forgot who wrote this. I should have written it down.

Blessings on thee, little man,
Barefoot boy, with cheek of tan!
With thy turned-up pantaloons,
And thy merry whistled tunes;
With thy red lip, redder still
Kissed by strawberries on the hill;
With the sunshine on thy face,
Through thy torn brim’s jaunty grace;
From my heart I give thee joy,—
I was once a barefoot boy!

by John Greenleaf Whittier

Look! Look down in the garden how
The firefly lights are flitting now!

A million tiny sparks I know
Flash through the pinks and golden-glow,

And I am very sure that all

Have come to light a fairy ball,
And if I could stay up I'd see

How gay the fairy folks can be!

by Evaleen Stein


Flash and flicker and fly away,
Trailing light as you flutter far,
Are you a lamp for the fairies, say?
Or a flake of fire from a falling star?

by Evaleen Stein


And, yep, lots of EXO-FORCE pictures. It was my first introduction to manga, and I still really like all of the dear pictures I have. I also follow the artist's blog.

Hope you enjoy the poems and pictures! Oh, and the new name of my blog...

-Autumn

No comments: