Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Charlottesville//Seoul

This city bus is such a nuisance
It’s never on time and it smells bad
I don’t care if it’s free, it’s absolutely terrible,
I’d pay the 800 won to Shinchon station
And this time I’ll not be late
To meet you, even if it’s thirty-two celsius
Your smile warms me up anyway,
From Gangnam Exit Number 7 are quiet mountains,
And despite my immaturity,
Compare your arm with mine and let me
Call you yellow, and I feel guilty
That I never kissed you, and never held you
When you were shivering in the cold
In the gray rain, in that striking black suit
While waiting for the bus
Frequent stops, no speed limit for the
Ahjusshi at the wheel, and your protective
Guidance of me, the little glances
and I never said so, but this was so beautiful.


More poems from NaPoWriMo. We're on the downward spiral and I feel like I have grown so much as a writer. Head on over to rentcollective.wordpress.com to peruse all of my writings and those of the other amazingly creative people who participated in this challenge with me.
-A.K.-

No comments: