Saturday, March 25, 2017

New Faith

one day i will
awake from my sleep
and be that person
who you wanted to meet
bless your soul,
bless that sovereign place
frozen north, Midwest
where you once rested your head,
bless me,
who had no idea how to be
more than my broken self,
bless God,
bless His goodness and warm heart,
and powerful omniscience
Who takes me despite it all,
bless our love,
which has passed away
dead at the break of day,
bless the sun,
which has jarred us,
taken me from my long rest
burned my eyes with the image
of your departing shoulders,
and my ceaseless endeavor
to rediscover my soul
i abandoned,
bless my mistaken assumption
that i could survive
without my eyes, bless
my tired heart
which did flamboyant acrobatics
and then died
deep in the dark night,
bless our love
and put an end to it,
our posthumous twilight
needs a new faith,
a different name and
an unknown face.

No comments: