Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Tourmaline

 He becomes warmth and the smell of 

Fireplace, wafting up the staircase, 
I used to wrap up in his sweater 
When the winters got too cold
Now I wrap him in the air
The heat, the silence; whatever I can give
To say thank you like a prayer
And I stake a fence around him until
I am a post, quiet and still
Cold in the frozen night, a sentry outside
His bedroom window, 
I want to be your peace and I'm sorry
Because I am not a fencepost
I am not a bookcase
I am a woman
Blood running dark with deep desires
Cold in my fingertips and 
Visions of tourmaline eyes
Let not the stars bear witness
My criminality is my own sentence 
To serve, I am 
Want and need and nostalgia's 
Favorite haunt, a guileless fiend. 


Got very inspired by the Macbeth line and went at it. 

No comments: