Sunday, February 22, 2009

One of those days...

Ahem.*Blushes because she hasn't posted in weeks*

Have you ever had one of those days where it's terrible and amazing at the same time?

Well, today was one of those days.

This morning I woke up and came down stairs. My first thought was "Oh boy, I can not wait to watch Edward meet his fate today" (Not a very pleasant thought). Then I saw that the waffle maker was lying out on the counter. I looked around. Not a waffle in sight. Just so happens that my family ate them all, but that kind of thing usually doesn't make me too mad. Well, my watching of FMA episode 51 was prolonged, as my dad was on the computer. Everything seemed fine. I then trotted up stairs to watch the Sat. Veggie Tales and 3-2-1 Penguins(Yes, I do watch VeggieTales, at my age, just not as crazily-excited as my siblings).
After that I went downstairs again. No body was on the computer, so I sat down, anticipating the last episode of Full Metal Alchemist. I shook the mouse, and watched the screen pop up. But instead of the pic. of Tahu defeating Bohrak that my brother had put up before, there was the normal background for HP. I thought 'Maybe dad changed it because Tahu was getting on his nerves.' WRONG. That was when I noticed the icons in the lower right corner weren't all there. Something was wrong.

It just so happens my mom came downstairs this morning and when she hit the internet button, the screen went black. She said she had to shut of the power down at the lightning-computer saving-thingy because it locked up so badly. After I checked the 'My Pictures' folder and found none of mine were there, everything she said after that was a blur.
Everything was gone.
My story was gone.
All the pictures of Lillian, my little sister, were gone.
My slide show of my friends was gone.
I don't know what really happened, but basically mom went into the Help and Support and clicked the 'System Restore' button. After that she made something of a new account. Well, I started crying and my brother started yelling. After a long while of messing with the computer my mom tried to call a few friends who know more about computers than we do. We got a hole of one, and he helped so much. My mom actually let him talk to me and tell me what to do. We got everything back, and it only took fourteen minutes.

Then I started watching Full Metal Alchemist. I wish so much that I hadn't spoiled the ending for myself, because nothing was very exciting or particularly gripping. I've heard that some people cried at the end, or at certain parts, but I didn't come close to crying at the part with all the death and dieing and such. The part I almost cried at was when I first saw Al, 'Normal-Normal'. I kinda freaked out actually. It was like 'THAT'S ALPHONSE!!!!♥"
I knew what would happen from just hanging around on the internet and watching YouTube videos. But the ending was astounding. If you've seen the series, the part with Hawkeye and Mustang where she says-"Just shut-up and eat" made me laugh, and the part with Wrath was intriguing.

So, hopefully I can watch the movie soon, I think a friend was going to let me borrow it. I've also heard that the movie doesn't have a happy ending, but that's just like FMA and should be expected.

I know, rambling, rambling!
-Autumn

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, the movie! If you can hold off finding it on youtube, I will bring it Sunday and let you borrow it! That is, if you can wait that long. I know you must be looking forward to seeing it, I understand! (Or perhaps when/if we can arrange a day/time to hang out next week, we can watch it together, if you want).

As far as happy endings go for FMA, no, the anime doesn't not have much of one. They are remaking the series though, so it is more like the manga. So I am hoping that both FMA2 and the manga have happier ending than the first anime! I am looking forward to FMA2 and I can't wait to read the ending of the manga. They need to hurry with it!!

On that note, I must go! ttyl!

Hannah Leigh said...

Ooooohhhh!!!! When you said "the slideshow of my friends" I about cried!!!!! AAAAAHHHH!!!
O.O
o.o
sorry.
So, DO you have the slideshow done???? Me wants to see!!! Post it on Youtube and tell me the title or I shall die!!!
(in other words...e-mail me...)

In Christ,
~Rose

Argentia Krystofel said...

Fantasy-I can wait. I just found Fruits Basket manga online, but I have question; when it first begins, is it supposed to be so...jumpy and uneven? Yet when I jumped forward a few volumes, it was slightly easier to read...Oh well, I'm probably too used to FMA.
That's a great idea! I was thinking that would be something fun to do! My mom thinks we probably will be able to arrange something.

Yeah, I hope they do come out with the second one soon. But, in a way, FMA just isn't an anime to have a happy ending. It's so sad anyway...:P.

Rose- No, I haven't been working with the slide show much. Every time I try to work on it, I get frustrated. So I'm giving it a rest.
Also, I don't think it would be a great idea to post it on You Tube. But I am going to try and put it on a CD or DVD-like thing.

See you girls soon!
-Autumn