Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Mysterious Boy-Or is he?

Well, about 30 minutes ago my little brother Simon came up to me and wanted to show me a picture he had drawn. So I put on the usual 'very nice sweetie' smile and leaned down to see.


The original picture is on the right. He then asked me(without waiting for the 'very nice') whether gray eyes were mysterious. And I told him yes, proceeding to tell him that anime people with gray, purple or red eyes were usually mysterious. Those are mysterious eyes, I told him. Then he asked whether blue hair was mysterious. And I told him that mattered what color the eyes were. I studied the odd coloring of the drawing while Simon jumped around like his feet had springs(the way he always does). I was very intrigued by the gray eyes of his 'Mysterious Boy', so I asked if I could draw one even more mischievous. He said yes, and so I did.

Second 'Mysterious Boy' below.







Yet, while I drew my mysterious boy, I was thinking of Fruits Basket, and little Hiro Souma. I was thinking espeically about wanting to draw Hiro. So this guy looks a tad bit like him, along with being about 11 or 12, Hiro's age.

My little character is about 41/2 heads tall, counting he if he had legs, and that is why there is a 41/2 beside his head. I didn't try too hard on the inking at all, I was just giving myself a break from being so serious about inking and did it sloppy, which in my opinion made it look better. I only lightly colored his shirt and pants and barely even touched his hair. But I emphasized his big gray slanty eyes, full of sarcasm and some small amount of mystery. His little smile adds a good touch.
Sounds like I just described Hiro. Oh, well. I shouldn't have been thinking of him, but this is a good start to actually drawing him.
More pictures-


Thanks for looking!

-Autumn

4 comments:

Hannah Leigh said...

Hmmm....he REALLY reminds me of someone.......................


In Christ,
~Rose

Argentia Krystofel said...

Who?
Nice talking to you today, I'll try and call you back tonight. I have a few pictures that I'm going to put up on my blog soon, and I think you'll like them!!:)

-Autumn

Hannah Leigh said...

Ahem. Why would I say? :D
Great! Call me! Please!!!! *is overly hyper*
Oh, BTW, I had a great idea sunday that I forgot to tell you about. You know those Character Chart things? We aught to do one on people there at church! That would just be kinda neat to do. I'll ask Fox about it.

In Christ,
~Rose

Chap in the fedora said...

Looks good.:)

-Knight of the cross