Friday, May 15, 2009

Sidewalk and Cake Art!

Well, if ya'll read my mom's blog, Timeless Trinkets, you know that yesterday, May 13, was my little sister Lillian's 3rd birthday.
Lillybee loves Strawberry Shortcake and wanted a Strawberry Birthday. Well, my mom thought it would be a great idea to make a cake with Strawberry Shortcake on the front. At my Strawberry birthday about 4 years ago, we just printed off a picture and put it on the cake, peeling it off after I blew out the candles.
But earlier this year, I was searching for pictures of Edward Elric and found this on Deviantart-

http://lutra-gem.deviantart.com/art/Cake-Edward-Elric-97257711

She (I believe it is a girl) did this cake of Edward out of chocolate!!!

The tutorial is here-http://lutra-gem.deviantart.com/art/Chocolate-Painting-Tutorial-65522877

This was a really cool idea, but my mom didn't want to use chocolate for a three year old's birthday. So we used icing. First we iced the cake white. Then we followed the directions for transferring the image. The icing was too sticky to set the image on, so we put the cake in the freezer. We had to put in in the freezer at intervals as we iced it. My mom did the black outline, I colored the inside. It took all day, but it was tons of fun.


We used homemade drizzle icing for the colored parts. It worked out really well.

Pictures-

Without Candle.Original Coloring Sheet.

With Candle.

The day before I was outside on the carport watching Lillian play, and I decided I'd do a picture with chalk. Not just a doodle, but a real picture. I hadn't drawn Edward in a while, so I decided upon him. Keep in mind Edward is the second hardest FMA character for me to draw.
(Guess who is the hardest???O.O )
The only part that is easy is the fact I don't have to think too hard about his body proportioning. He's short like me!!!! *hides hoping Edward won't find her and kill her ears with ranting*

Here are the pictures-
His face got a bit distorted because I wasn't looking at anything. His head and hair turned out odd, too. But I till luv him.♥ :P
The only thing I had to come inside and look at was his mouth. I couldn't remember how to do that smile. Also, I had to take out a wet washcloth to erase with. I'm sorry, but I can't live without my eraser!!!I'm getting so good with his eyes!!! *happydance*

And the mouth looks good. It all looks good, for chalk.

Also, I have a few more drawings. Just let me take pictures...*goes and gets mom's camera. Then searches frantically for drawings. Takes a zillion pictures and screams at the camera for saying each and every one was bad quality.*
Ok, here they are!!!

Envy, copied from the front of my FMA novel. He looks too happy. He's supposed to look more cruel and prideful. Maybe he's happy cause he's the only bad guy I drew. Or maybe because I did well on him, first try. :) Smiles all around!!! :) :) :) :) :D 8D
Roy Mustang, also copied. I seriously cannot get him right. Now I bet you've guessed who's the hardest. T.T Must keep practicing!!! *Puts on Tohru Honda's determined look*>:|
Winry Rockbell. A bit different. I wanted to try to change her expression from the original.
And this is a picture of two children. Guess who? Remember my post back on December 8th when I mentioned Haley Rose and Elliott? Well that's who this is modeled after. I saw them walking up my Granparents driveway and got inspired to do this. They're made to resemble Edward and Winry ever so slightly. But Elliott and Haley really did look like that.

And finally, everyone will know what Starr looks like.
STARR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!8D 8D 8D
I FINALLY DREW HER!
YES!


Also, my latest story chapter is the post before this, in case you haven't read it yet. :)

A new thing I did a while back is adding tags to almost all of my posts. Any posts with my story in them will come up if you type in 'story' on the blogger search bar at the top of my blog page.

I hope you enjoyed reading this post or just looking at the drawings. Have a good week!!!!

-Autumn♥

3 comments:

Hannah Leigh said...

Oh wow! That is SO good! I love the one of Starr. Her shoulder is a wee bit big, but hey...IT'S STILL GREAT!!!


In Christ,
~Miss Rose

Argentia Krystofel said...

Well, Starr's shoulder I tried to do realistically. Also, the fabric for her sleeves is very thin, and the wind is blowing, making the fabric billow out. I really just couldn't figure out how to do her shoulder.

Thanks!!! I've just recently started drawing like crazy again.

-Autumn

Unknown said...

*insert excited squeal here* I saw your picture of Edward and the starwberry shortcake cake and thought "Those are so cute, I really like those, they make me happy!" and then, I saw your drawings of Envy and Roy and Winry (some of them didn't show up though, for some reasons :( ) and I got really, really excited. You did so good on them! Envy and Roy are especially hard to draw (speaking from experience) and I love how closely you got them to the original! Copying drawings really helps you learn, so I encourage it! (I've learned to draw things better [I.E. perportions] in my drawing class these past two semesters by drawing from real life, or in other words, using steal lifes/live models. It helped me a lot, and like I've told you before, copying a picture of the character you want to draw helps you learn and see things. It really helps, I'm not sure how to explain how, but it works, and you'll start to see your original drawing style improving!

Anyway, I love to see your progess, it is simply amazing! I'm loving your 'fanart' and I can't wait to see how your drawings have improved by this time next year!!! :D