Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Asian Extravaganza!!!


So, yesterday I was discussing kimonos with my friends at church. A kimono is a typically Japanese type of clothing. Japanese people don't normally wear them nowadays, but there
are the people who like wearing
them all the time and then there are those who wear them at special occasions. Kimonos originated in China, actually, and the Japanese brought the concept back to their country after one of their many invasions of China. Kimonos are a big part of anime (Japanese cartoons) and some of them are really pretty. I went
searching last night and found some awesome ones.
Here's some pictures-



I don't know where most of these are from :P The one on the right is Haruhi from Ouran Host
Club...but I don't know many others.



Then there is the main characters of Furuba. From left to right-


Yuki (boy), Tohru (girl) Kyo (obviously, a guy) and Kagura (girl). Notice how Kyo, who hates tight clothes, wears his kimono looser, and Yuki, who likes tighter clothes, wears his higher up
against his neck and doesn't roll up his sleeves.
This is one of my favorite pics. :)






Yahiko from Rurouni Kenshin. This is a really nice picture of a guy wearing a kimono. I couldn't find many of those and eventually had to just sear
ch for Rurouni Kenshin pictures.

















Then I have one of Sasuke from Naruto. Man, I hate that jerk....:P
He lost all that "I'm the awesome guy with an arrogant attitude." In Part 2. He's just...not cool anymore. Actually, I've seen several screenshots of him from Part 2 and in some of those screenshots, he looks almost sad. You're a fool and you know it, Sasuke!!!

Anyway, I've also recently become interested in Odango or, Dango. They're Japanese dumplings. And guess what? I found a recipe to make them!!! :) DANGO.

Also, I foung a neat Chinese recipe blog. Some of the stuff is really cool and I'd like to try it.




So, yes, I have been thinking about Asian stuff a lot recently. My mom looked up the show 'Sagwa, The Chinese, Siamese Cat' on YouTube for Lillian and we watched a lot of it last night. My old love of the show was rekindled. There is so much Chinese culture in the show, down to the very fact that the cats can do calligraphy.

Anyway, I need to go. Hope you enjoy the many pictures; I'll be posting more later.

-Argent♥


5 comments:

Timeless Trinkets said...

Hope to make those recipes soon!

Cylleruion Gwaithovorn said...

The second one is absolutely amazing.

Argentia Krystofel said...

Mom: Yeah, me too!

Cylleruion: I didn't think you still read my blog. :P
Yes, she is very pretty, isn't she? I figured you'd like that one. :P

Cylleruion Gwaithovorn said...

Of course I still read your blog. Pfft! And yes it is very pretty....scare me how u thought I'd like it though xD.

Argentia Krystofel said...

So glad you still read it! lol, thought that'd scare you :P

hahaha...I scared him...>:)