Monday, January 4, 2010

Gone...gone far away...



So. My brothers are gone to Alabama/Florida for a week and three days. Or four days. Something like that. I'm actually kinda missing them; it's really quiet around here and kinda boring. Watching American anime without my brothers is...empty. I know they would love Teen Titans. It's not a hit with me, but they'd love it.
So, about American animes-I'm going to attempt to do a rev
iew of Avatar: The Last Airbender, a show I watched several months ago.

Alright, so the plot of this show is pretty good. The show revolves around the character's ability to 'bend' elements; the characters are able to control one of the four elements-earth, water, f
ire, and air. However, a person can only bend one element, the element of the country they were born in. All of these countries lived peacefully together, until the Fire Nation came up with the idea that they should control these nations. They began attacking the different countries using their strong military power, along with their ability to bend fire. Now, there is only one person who can stop the Fire Nation. The Avatar; the only person able to master all four elements. But the Avatar has been missing for one hundred years; and the
Fire Nation has nearly succeeded in it's conquest. This is where our story begins.


There is no swearing in it, I think only a few insulting things are said.

The violence is little; but that depends on what you call violence. As for me; the show is fine on that element.

Now, we come to my biggest problem with Avatar: The romance.
Don't get me wrong, I love romance. It's a great thing in anime. But in Avatar there's too much kissing! AUGH!!! *covers her eyes and shakes her head crazily* See, most anime relationships aren't half as PHYSICAL, YUCK!!!
But your opinion of physical and romantic depends, and it only gets that way when you reach Book Three: Fire.

:P Overall, it really isn't too bad, only some obvious romantic plot and crazily cheesy jokes here and there. :P I'm mostly a Japanese anime person; Americans have no idea how to correctly draw the style without longing with all their hearts to make it look more realistic. But Avatar was done well, it looks pretty good, and my only complaint is they didn't use traditional blush lines. But then, you normally don't in the animation, even when it is Japanese. So I'm just being silly when it comes to that point. Example-



See the pink lines on their cheeks? Those are my beloved blush lines....lol.

Well, (back to the original topic, Argent) if you like anime and haven't seen it, I reccomend you watch Avatar. It's a good start to anime for anyone, to spite it's a relatively Americanized anime.
If you wanna watch traditional anime first, I recommend Hikaru no Go ENGLISH DUB. Not the Japanese, the English.
So hope you enjoyed my overly random excuse for a post, I'm bored and missing my American anime loving brothers. So bare with me. And sorry for the randomness.

One last thing. I am attempting to learn Japanese seriously, and am also going to my first piano lesson this evening. I'm worried that I won't pull through with accomplishing these two dreams, so please pray for me. I think I can do it, but I'm not sure. So pray that I can! :)

-Argentia

No comments: