Friday, July 5, 2013

July-Cherry Sunsets, Korean Homework, and Henry's TRAP (plus some more stuff)


 A friend uploaded this picture on her blog, and I couldn't agree more. I can't wait for July to surprise me-in some ways, it already had before it arrived. The subject of July in general has been one which I have discussed quite often in the past few weeks and I don't want to miss out on the wonderfulness of the month. Some things about July that are awesome include-
1. Fireworks, watermelon, and amazing food filled with either blueberries and strawberries or blackberries and raspberries, or, of course, the alternative of artificial dyes. YAY!
2. Four birthdays-those of my country and my friends Lucas, Stephanie, and Hannah. Birthday of country, not so much amazing as birthdays of my friends. Nationalities may change, but friendship is something that can cross over the borders of countries and even an entire ocean.
3.Long days, so I have more time to talk to my friends when they are awake and I'm awake and the sun is up at the same time.
4. Other things I can't think of.

 Recently I have had a really bad problem. This problem is not focusing on anything for more than five minutes. I suddenly lose my train of thought and go into this 'trance' in which I don't really pay attention to what I'm doing. Suddenly, something new to think/talk about occurs to me and you can bet every dollar you have that I am gone. There's no way I'm getting back unless I try really hard. Of course, in the midst of trying, I start this process all over again.

For instance, I began this blog post yesterday. Today I feel much better-much more focused. Focus is good. Ha-ha.
Anyway, other than it being July, I have some other interesting things to talk about.

Cherry Sunsets

Cherry Sunsets is a short story I've begun. It centers around a young man names Jens who is about to begin his third year of university and has not yet declared a major. His academic adviser has warned him that he must declare his major at the beginning of his fifth semester-three months away-but Jens is clueless as to what he should major in. His friend of nearly ten years, Ryan, suggests that Jens join him on a two-week group trip to the Outer Banks of North Carolina, and Jens agrees. While there he comes to meet three new faces; Matias, Demetra, and Jessica, and becomes reaquainted with Ryan. Through the short journey he discovers sides of himself he was hiding, things he has feared, and a part of the future that God has planned for him. 

Korean Homework

So, my Korean-studying has gone up to a whole new level recently. I'm trying to brush up on verbs and it's taking a lot more than I thought it would, but I'm really happy about it! I'm able to say so much more than before.^^ I love being able to explain myself more clearly to my Korean friends.

Henry's TRAP (plus some more stuff)



First of all, I think this song is amazing. Second of all, if it weren't for SHINee's awesome new Japanese album, this song would be stuck in my head permanently (similar to the fact that I wouldn't have ever gotten rid of Wonderboyz Tarzan if it weren't for TRAP). Thirdly, the dance is great (man playing piano...man on a piano...man on a piano dancing...man on a piano dancing and singing...). I really liked the editions of Taemin and Kyuhyun, though I tend to favor the only Taemin versions not because I don't like Kyuhyun (his expressions are a little disturbing sometimes, I admit), but because I favor Taemin's falsetto. Two years of being a fan does this to you, so it's probably just bias. Fourthly, I think Henry  is awesome and he should stay that way-Korean-speaking Chinese Canadian or whatever they want to call him. I think he's talented, handsome, and intelligent, and people who wish to be racist, exclusive, or otherwise derogatory towards him need to deal with their problems. -_- *rant over*

Seriously, I love the beat of TRAP and the entire ablum. I think the lyrics they chose to do in English are very balanced and not *too* cheesy like some songs I've heard *raises eyebrow*.

Now, I demand that anyone who has read this blog post immediately go and listen to SHINee's Japanese album's song 'Kiss Yo' which is hilarious and catchy and very happy-sounding!

If you happen to like it, listen to Keeping Love and Password, too. They both sound gorgeous.

-Argentia


No comments: