Monday, June 30, 2014

So Delicate

The pathetic fortress of my thin skin
Looks like a strong one, I know
But there is your gaze, noble and strong


The sunlight, blood red and soaked in memories
Covers the grass, the tree trunks, the concrete
It holds an unspoken, nostalgic sorrow


Don't ask if we could go back, it hurts,
I want to see the young and old face
Of the setting sun, I wish it had all been mine


Words, like my childhood popcorn garland
Strung on a flimsy string, eaten away by birds,
Are clinging naked and worn to the last pine needle


So why did you speak so sweetly, you convinced me,
That it was unwise to throw this feeling away?
I'm honestly scared, I've been made so delicate


When is the last time I will hear you?
When will the nostalgic sorrow dissipate?
When you finally speak, letting out your soul, will it be delicate?

First written 4.11.14 @ 12:47 AM

-Argentia

No comments: