Saturday, November 15, 2014

To Someone I Don't Know Well

Oh, and you've probably got everything
That's what I think as I glance at you again
From the corner of my shy eyes

But it probably doesn't mean anything
Or so I tell myself as I shift my feet again
Try to shut my nervous words away

Somehow in one of your mystical ways
You've made my face flush like a frosty rose
Warming slowly from the inside like this

Even so, it will not matter in just a few days
You can be a pleasant, bright autumn memory
In that way, I set out to preserve your bliss

Reactions are so easily misinterpreted
And every word from your mouth is sweetened with honey
If I could only stand in that moment a bit longer

Thank you, finally the fog has lifted
I can see the sun shining overhead, the day is so beautiful
The blood in my veins feels alive, I am stronger




-Argentia








No comments: