Saturday, November 1, 2014

Untitled #8

Synth-filled tracks with their deep, thundering beat
A chilly black night and a frozen heart to re-heat

That familiar smell, those pretty words permeate
Vodka burns, possibilities abound, thoughts deviate

Flat lands, winter weather, the frozen city, plains
The light of dawn, strange words, the cross, new names

Too many politics, oh, the rap music, and the swears
But we question: does it all matter when someone cares?

Nights of summer, I returned to them in memory
And to this day, I only see you, there with me

Through all of the gray smoke, your gray shirt
Oh, if our eyes meet, would you pick me first? 

Mixed music every night to help me sleep
Sometimes I'd smile, sometimes I'd weep

Act, sing, laugh, dream, do it all while you still can
In the time warp I warn you, oh, ghost of this man

You're twenty-four years old and you live in paradise
And one day, you'll lose it all when you roll the future's dice.

-Argentia

No comments: