Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Summer Charlotte

Lazy white clouds are floating in
A powder blue sky over green trees
Over the glass windows, the purple lilacs
David Matthews is softly singing, "crash into me,"

At night the East Range is so quiet,
Old and burnt red, crusting away in dust
Time is frozen, my father's dwelling once
Every time I pause to feel this place, deep inside

A small child remembers little
But the colors and smells precious to her
So I have been made a child by this feeling
Once again returning, summer's smallest, quiet joys

Some say nothing good can come here
I may agree with them, on the bad days,
But I've been seeing his smile and brilliant eyes,
So impossible, but the most beautiful things, my friend,

Are hidden in the guitar's mumbling and
The sweet hum of a violin, warm murmurs
Of the trumpet, the drum like my heart, skipping
Away, oh, I need you, I need this place, if only for an instant.

"you've got your ball you've got your chain
tied to me tight tie me up again
who's got their claws in you my friend
into your heart i'll beat again
sweet like candy to my soul
sweet you rock and sweet you roll
lost for you i'm so lost for you"

-A.K.-

No comments: