Saturday, January 24, 2009

More of my story...

It is finally here!!! Parts 2, 3, and 4 of Chapter 1!!!! I decided to give you the treat of three parts...I still don't have any pictures drawn of Adrian. I have one of Starr, but I don't have it on my computer yet. I'll try to add it to this post soon.

***
“So, you say you are Adrian’s son. Boy, this is confusing. So what are you here for?” Starr asked as they ate their meal. She tried to take it down in little bites, to spite it tasting so good. Adrian had been right when he said she hadn't had a good meal in a long time.
“I am trying to prove myself the rightful heir to my father’s lords and dukes. I am to do this by placing the Emerald Star on some pillar in the center of our garden. The crystal will grant me tremendous power when in my hands.”
“That seems really simple.” Starr denounced.
“No, it isn’t! I have to find five shards of legends to join together and make the stone with. And they’re hidden on this island. Each one, when I have it in my possession, grants me power. But even after finding one, I couldn’t prove that I was the heir. I have to find ALL of them. It’s incredibly difficult, considering that every time I use my Dream Shard, Orion goes nuts, and I can’t calm him.” Adrian explained.
“I could.” Starr remarked. Adrian’s face lit up.
“Then maybe you could help me!” He suggested.
“No thanks, I have enough adventure as it is.”
“Fine. I’m going to get myself a room. I will see you tomorrow.”
“Fine, but you know they won’t accept you....” Starr called after him.
***
“Give this man a prize; he just succeeded in getting himself thrown out of the only inn in town!” Starr mocked, as Adrian wiped mud off of himself as best he could.
“Oh, just stop it. I haven‘t slept in three days, you know!”
“Sorry........” Starr trailed off. “Maybe I could help you a bit?”
“You might help me get that room in return for your supper.”
“But you said you would pa-”
“I know, I know. Now listen, all you have to do is go over there and write my name down.” he explained.
“In case it hasn’t occurred to you, Adrian is a man’s name. They wouldn’t believe me.”
“Oh, tell them I’ll be late.”
“I can’t write.”
“You can’t write!! You must be able to write your name!! How old are you?”
“Fifteen, and I can write your name if you just show me what it looks like.”
“Good. Get a room in the back, alright?”
“Sure, but-”
“But WHAT??” Adrian was losing patience with her.
“You’ll need a rope, if you’re going to do what you said.”
“Why?”
“Because the back rooms are only on the second story.”
“Oh, worry about it when it gets here.”
So, after many attempts, Starr finally wrote Adrian’s name to his satisfaction, and signed it. She made sure to get a room in the back.
***
Adrian’s green eyes scanned the black windows, watching for a light. He had told her to put three candles in the window, to show which room she was in. Then he could get in, and she could leave. He thought it a wonderful plan, and as he looked up at the starry sky, he sighed in satisfaction. Then he turned to the dreary backside of the inn. He had put his horse in the stable, and hoped Orion would still be their in the morning, as he had the habit of running off. Suddenly, a light shone in one of the windows. Even without the three candles, he immediately knew it was her, as the light cast shadows across her bony face and clear blue eyes.
But she’s got some attitude...... He thought, as he flashed a small spark of his power to let her know he had seen her. She pulled the window up.
“Alright, now how are you gonna get up here?” She called down. Adrian stopped. He thought for a moment. Why does she have to be smarter than me?
“Tie a blanket around the bedpost. I’ll climb up. But make sure it is secure.” He instructed. A moment later, he found himself climbing up and over the window sill.
“What took you so long?” Adrian scrutinized.
“Couldn’t get the match to light.” Starr answered.
“Well, I expect not to see you again.”
“You’re welcome.” Starr replied sarcastically, as she headed for the window. He watched her feet as they passed across the hard wood floor. They were bare and dirty, but they were weathered, as if the skin had turned into a kind of leather for her. Her arms were cut and bruised though, and he couldn’t help noticing the little dress she wore was worn and thin, providing almost no warmth.
“Why don’t you take a bit of food with you? I have some in my bag.” he suggested, his heart softening a little and his ego settling. “Here.” he said as he gave her a few apples and a slice of bread. Starr looked surprised.
“Thank you. Adrian, right?” she asked. “I want to remember you.” she explained.
“Yes, Adrian. I might keep you in mind, but I doubt it. Anyway, you spell your name with two ‘r’s’ or one?”
Starr smiled. “Two. Thanks again. I hope you find only success on your mission.”
“Me, too.” Adrian agreed, as he helped her out of the window. She slowly let herself down. Adrian reached into his cloak with his right hand and pulled out something.
“Hey, Starr, watch this!” He called, and displayed a sword. It flashed silver in the moonlight, and at the base it was studded with emeralds.
“Where on earth did you get that?” Starr questioned.
“Watch!” He insisted, and raised the sword. Starr was only about four feet from the ground by now. Suddenly, the boy slashed down and cut the blanket. She fell, with a small shriek, but no one heard, as the inn was busy and loud at all times. He heard her hit the ground, and laughed to himself. But, turning to his bed, Adrian realized, with great irritation, he had just done Starr the favor of giving her a warm blanket for the night.
***

I still need a name for this story! I wish I could think of one. I suppose when I finish writing it I will think of something.

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed and didn't think it was too boring!
More on Tuesday, so I'm probably gonna be up all night enduring writing about-WAIT, I can't tell you that! >:D *is smiling evilly* Wait and see!!! :)

-Autumn

12 comments:

Eruaphadion said...

Nice! Though I don't understand why he cut the blanket and let her fall.....

Rebecca said...

I agree with Fox, "Nice".
I was a bit confused at first why he cut the blankets too, but then on longer thought I diceded that he maybe he did it to 'make up' for his 'softness' towards her in giving her the food, but I don't know if I interpeted it right or wrong. Over all I think you are pulling this together very well. :)Two thumbs up!

Rebecca Marie

Argentia Krystofel said...

Fox and Rebecca-Thanks for reading, ya'll!
Haha, yeah, that part was a bit hard to understand. Basically, Adrian has a bit of a mean streak in him, and hates to leave someone he's in an argument with on a nice note. He's also a bit of an imp, and so all that was just his impishness shining through and my brain being crazy.

-Autumn

Eruaphadion said...

*Wonders if Autumn is basing this character off of who he thinks she is......:P*

Hannah Leigh said...

Ach!
I have GOT to get on top of this! I am SO sorry, Autumn. I will try my BEST to read it Monday. I can't right now, because I only have 30 seconds left and must do my Bible reading.

I WILL TRY! I PROMISE!!!

In Christ,
~Rose

Unknown said...

I read part one... will read the rest tomorrow. As for part one, though it may not be very 'exciting' like you said, its interesting. I want to know more about Adrian and Starr!

As for the coming over thing that I mentioned many, many weeks ago... I didn't remember your allergy until a few days after posting that. So we will still have to get together, but perhaps I should come to your house, eh? Anyway, have a good week and I'll post again when I read the rest! :)

BTW, I like your new picture of Ed! Cute! I love him.

Hannah Leigh said...

I love the part about the blanket! *mutters* that kid just keeps on reminding of someone....Fox, I've got to agree with you! ;) (I think I know too....)

Anyway, it's great, and you've done a good job. I do wish that I could write like that, it really captures your attention.

In Christ,
~Rose

Argentia Krystofel said...

Fantasy Dreamer-Thanks for reading!
Well, my allergy is not that bad, so I could probably come over to your house for a few hours.

Rose-Thank you for reading it!!!
Oh, but you do wright well!!!!!! You just need more practice, that's all. :)

And now...who Adrian reminds ME of...Since it seams to be such a popular topic...:P


MIKKEL!!!!!!!!!! (Because he's so awesome...:P)
Yes, his name is spelled that way. M-I-K-K-E-L, but you pronounce it Michael.
And he's from the Viking Quest Series! :) Just another reason why you should read it, Rose! (Just kidding, I know you don't want to)

In case you've never heard of it, the Viking Quest Series is a set of five books by Lois Walfrid Johnson. They are on the Veritas Press reading list, and are about a girl named Bree who gets captured by a viking boy (Mikkel). Her brother (Devin) then tries to save her. It's a very good series, and I recommend it. It wasn't as hard for me to read as G.A. Henty (for me, Henty is a hard read; I guess it's the writing style or something)yet is very historically accurate. But it isn't boring, it's fun. The characters are Christian, but the writer's theology is a little off. Either way, it's still a good read, very gripping and emotional and the characters personalities are very developed.

Soooooo, hope you don't mind my ramblings, but Mikkel is who I think Adrian is like. Even if the hair and eyes are completely inverted. :P

-Autumn

Hannah Leigh said...

You're welcome! But like I said on the phone...that's NOT who it reminds me of..........


In Christ,
~Rose

Eruaphadion said...

Hey rose! She already said it wasn't so be quiet. :P But seriously, I would just drop a girl down out of a window......well I might drop you but other than that....:D

Argentia Krystofel said...

Hey Hey!!! No more of that!!
I said MIKKEL, and I MEAN Mikkel.

Now, dropping each other out of windows or accusing others of dropping people out of windows is prohibited in this blog!!!:P lol

So quit trying to get each other killed! :)

Btw, I'm sorry I haven't posted the next part, it's a battle scene and it's going to take a while to edit.

Thanks and let us be on peaceful terms! :P
-Autumn

Unknown said...

Battle scene? That I'm looking forward to. They're hard to write (but not as hard to illustrate!).

This was very good. I enjoy reading it. Its a bit of light reading after a long day of classes, homework, and studying! Just what I need to unwind, and its entertaining to boot (unlike all of my text books)!

Autumn, as for hanging out, we will have to work something out. Perhaps over spring break. Its sooner rather than later, and I'll have some free time then. Keep up the writing!