Saturday, January 17, 2009

The story...

This is part one of the first chapter in my story. The one the doesn't have a name but 14 pages.
I know, that's really pathetic. Maybe ya'll could help me think up a name.
Anyway, I have been begged to post the story, which I am more that delighted to do.

So, PART ONE of the FIRST CHAPTER of my little rambling story.

Story by: Autumn
Basic battle plots and basic plot structure by: Shadow Strike (Yup, he did a lot of work on this. I just did a lot of the detail :P)



Chapter 1
A Great Journey


The sun was slowly setting in the West. Starr crouched, her head throbbed and her feet ached. The beating she had just received was more than she could handle. All she wanted was a little food, and all she could get was a woman saying ‘you pathetic little beggar, get out!’ and beating her. She looked at the red sky. Tears welled up in her eyes. No. I will not let myself cry. Mommy and daddy said never to cry. At the thought of her parents, Starr gained courage and turned to face the street. Suddenly, a horse rode by, splashing mud from the dirt street. She barely had time to duck.
“My day is going terrible.” Starr announced, and turned to watch the rider as he cantered off. She couldn’t really scream at him. But she wanted to so badly that she kicked a piece of wood which was lying in the mud. It sailed neatly through the window of the house next door. Someone screamed. “Whoops.” Starr skipped through the muddy street on a run. After a while of darting into alleyways and behind old crates she decided she had shaken off any people who might be following her. Anyway, had they, they would look just like her, and that would really be a shame as she was covered in mud. Starr stepped out of the dark alley she was in and into the softly lit street. As she walked along, she watched for the young man on the horse. She wasn’t looking in front of her, and suddenly she heard a neigh.
“AH!!!!!” She cried. The boy on the horse tried to steady his animal, and barely managed.
“What did you do that for? Weren’t you watching where you were going?” He asked softly, trying not to scare the frightened being again. “Calm down, Orion. Everything’s alright.” he added, speaking to his frisky stallion.
“Well, I-” Starr was cut off.
“Oh, never mind. My name is Adrian. Could you direct me to the inn?” The young man stared down at her from atop Orion. From the way he simply sat in the saddle, Starr knew he had a thick streak of arrogance in him.
“You actually think that I will tell you after you splashed mud all over me about an hour ago??!!” She stomped for effect. Unintentionally, muddy water splattered up and onto Orion’s muscular chest and legs, spooking him. He reared, and Adrian neatly slid off and landed in the slippery muck. Without his master, the great, powerful horse could have easily hurt Starr badly, if not kill her. But she wasn’t about to let that happen to her. Abruptly, she reached out and laid a hand on Orion’s black mane. Then, whispering a few words, she rapped her hand around the reigns, a soft rose colored light surrounded her hand, and the animal almost instantly stilled.
“There. You’re a wild one, aren’t you?” Starr said softly. Then she turned to help Adrian. As she let go of Orion’s reigns, the light disappeared, but the horse remained calm.
“I’m dreadfully sorry for spooking him. I did not know he was so wild.” She explained , trying to sound friendly, as she held out a hand to Adrian. He pushed her arm away, rolling his eyes as he picked himself up.
“How did you do that? It was....kind of strange.”
“I have always known how.”
“And can you do this to people?” Adrian seemed curious.
“No, not that I know of.” Starr replied.
“Oh, well, in that case, where’s the inn?” Starr pointed to a lit up two-story ram-shackle building.
“Only one we got.” She declared.
“Have. Thank you, miss-”
“Starr. I don’t know my last name. I’m an orphan, you see.”
“Oh. Adrian the Second. But just call me Adrian.” he said as he took the reigns of his stallion. Starr stopped and stared.
“You’re who!? Don’t tell me you’re also saying that you’re the son of Adrian the First. He’s dead.” She declared.
“Oh, I’ll explain it later. What if we discussed it over a warm meal? You don’t look like you’ve had one in a while.” Adrian offered. “Need to get a room as well....” he added, muttering to himself.
“Oh, they won’t let you have a room. You’re a Southerner. We in the West don’t take kindly to you ruffians.”
“Gosh, you just love to bring out the negative in things, don’t you, sweetheart.” He exclaimed, nonchalantly. Starr was taken aback.
“Don’t you EVER call me that again! I barely know you!” She reproved. He seemed distracted, staring off into the distance.
“Sure, whatever.” He agreed.
A bit insulted, Starr began to walk toward the inn, intending to leave him behind. But his horse followed her.
“Oh, Orion, I think you like me!” Starr couldn’t help giggling as the horse blew a stray hair out of her face. “You think I should keep that one out of my face? Well, then, you’re the boss.” she added and tucked the strand of white behind her ear.
“You gonna share that meal with me already?” Adrian, who had been quite forgotten by horse and girl, was becoming impatient.
“Well, OK. If you’re paying for it.”
“Yeah, I’m paying for it. Couldn’t expect a little wench like you to.” he retorted. Starr wanted to say ‘Watch me!’ but she knew that was very foolish, for she had no money.

***

End of the lovely part one. Not very gripping, or awesome, or interesting at all, but it WILL get better, I promise. I'm actually in the middle of chapter two.

I will be back soon with a post about my trip to Daytona Beach; Florida, as soon as I can. Right now I'm simply adjusting to the temperature change and enjoying staying up late. :D

-Autumn

3 comments:

Eruaphadion said...

Not very gripping?!?!?!?! COME ON!! I WANTS MORE!!!! Hehehehehe. It's very good and gripping! Makes me want to know the rest of the plot.

Argentia Krystofel said...

THANK YOU!!!*is happy* That's really nice of you, Fox, but the sad thing is I won't have more for a few days because 1. We're starting school back on Monday,
2.I'm only in the middle of chapter two, and I don't want my readers to get a head of me!!!
Plot? You'll want to know it even more in a few paragraphs if you were even the least bit interested in these few.

I'll try to get up more soon!
-Autumn

Hannah Leigh said...

I like it! And as you can see, I finally got around to reading it. Aaaand I see that Fox likes your story better. But hey, I can see how he would. It's great.

Oh, and might I be so bold as to add: Adrian and Starr REALLY remind me of two people that I know. Adrian especially. :)

In Christ,
~Rose