Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Return to Neverland vs. Peter Pan



So I decided, that even with my crowded schedule, I would participate. ^.^ I am a crazy person.


I must admit it now, I guess. Although I have been seeing many Peter Pan posts concerning the live-action movies throughout the ages, my heart has always been with the Disney version.
I am a true lover of animation, I supppose. XD

When I was very little, we had an older version of Peter Pan, but I'm not sure which one it
was...our VHS player ate the tape. I do remember that
Peter was played by a girl, and there was a lot of singing and flying on black wires. :P I did miss the tape after it broke, but forgot about Peter Pan for a long time after that.
Then, when I was about 8, I somehow watched the second Disney movie, Return to Neverland, at a friends house. It continues to be my favorite version of Peter Pan to this day. Yes, the original story was great, but Wendy always irritated me. Way to girly, probably because I'm a tomboy. That's why Jane appealed to me.
Plus, the second movie gives a different perspective on the story, one of a child grown up before her time. It is easier to relate to Jane, in my opinion, because nowadays so many people don't take any time out of their day just to be imaginative and look at things in a 'magical' perspective. Jane has to learn to be more fun, and the second movie really stresses the 'Faith, trust, and Pixie dust!" saying that is almost lost in the first Disney adaption, being said only once, I do believe.
I found some really cool pictures, too...I'm a sucker for cool pictures. Art is a big thing with me, and I HOPE can get good sketch or two, based on the second Disney film, up by Saturday.

-Argentia ♥

P.S. I have finished my Chautauqua drawings and only need a title for one of them. Let's pray that I win! :)

No comments: