Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Kind...

Being next to someone as kind as he is...

I just hope...that the world is kind to him.


-Uru Takamura, Happy Cafe chapter 72 pages 7-8


Tonight...a perfect moment was frozen in time whilst my protests and analogies, my mistakes and my misunderstandings. It was stilled into a perfect picture-one of smell, sight, and sound, though I wouldn't know it until later. 
 I still don't know if I enjoyed the moment, or if I hated it, because I still feel knots in my stomach and an uneasy pretense in my heart. 
Suddenly, a voice called my name,

 "Misti!"

Blasted out of my reverie by that familiar someone, I looked up.
 "Adrian, what is it?"
 He smiled at me; that crooked smile that always meant he was in a delightfully suspicious mood and was ready to play a prank or set off fireworks, or do anything that involved some sort of risk.
 "I just finished a good book."
 "Is that seriously all?"
 That's all I remembered. I couldn't remember anything else about Adrian. He had been someone who was important to me, I knew that much. Even now, after the apparent hit to my head, I knew he was important. But I couldn't remember what had made him so special to me. Only that little moment, that time I had been thinking of him, could be recalled.
 Yet I felt like I could tell him anything. The struggles I faced, the questions I had, the sorrows and burdens...and I came to wonder; does it really matter all that much whether or not I remembered? Yes, they were precious memories. But nothing seemed to have changed inside me. Something was still the same-a thing I couldn't name, but felt. 
 I sighed heavily, letting my eyes trace the stars. Maybe someday soon, maybe not, I would regain my memories of this person. But until then...I knew I could wait patiently.


 -Argentia Krystofel

No comments: