Saturday, July 16, 2011

Summer-full of enjoyable and not-so-very-enjoyable things...


To make a blog post....since I haven't posted in a while...

This summer has been/is interesting. Somehow, to spite being a relatively head-in-the-clouds person, the teenage/highschool drama decided to hunt me down this year. I must say that it can all be boiled down to about three points.
-God gave us our parents for a reason.
-Parents should act like parents.
-Someone isn't doing their job.

So there! I found a solution! XD

So right about now I'm being stubborn and enjoying my life, and my summer.
I've baked cookies and iced them with my little sister, I've listened to music (OWL CITY!!!!!!!!!!!!) super-loud, I've made these little drinks by taking raspberry chocolate coffee creamer (I can't have coffee because it makes me sick and everyone knows I just need more sickness) and put it in milk, stir it around, and viola! It's actually really good; flavor isn't as strong as strawberry/chocolate milk that you get in the store, or even the mix stuff. It's more...delicate. I like to go out in our front yard and sip it under our big oak tree. Our neighbors must think I'm crazy, but I don't care because...I don't care. XD
I like pink lemonade. I've been drinking a lot of that. I also have been eating a lot of food from our raised bed gardens (check it out at my mom's new blog here-http://timestooshort.blogspot.com/ ). It's all so yummy!
I've been going to Goodwill and maniac-shopping! LOL, yes, I am doing something girly! The other day I found a dress by the designer 'twenty-one.' The top part was annoying and far too low-cut, and I had no idea what to put under it to put a stop to this low-cut-ness, so I just pulled out my seam-ripper and took the top from the bottom! Viola, I have an amazing little skirt that looks so fashionable and summery. I'm wearing it Sunday. :)
I love being a teenager. Yeah, fifteen isn't QUITE everything that I bargained it would be, but maybe next year will be better. I think eventually I'll look back on fifteen and think-Wow, I didn't like it but MAN I learned a lot.
And besides. I'm having fun here at home for once. I'm not wishing I could be somewhere else. I'm not chatting with friends 24/7, and I'm actually talking to my siblings more often. I'm reading books. Books are amazing things. I recommend Lloyd Alexander. He is my new favorite author (I never had one before) and the writer of the Westmark Trilogy, the Prydain Cycle (The Black Cauldron, anyone?), and The First Two Lives of Lukas-Kasha (Amazing, unique, funny, slightly strange, rascal-starring book that I love) and many more. Go. Read. XD. I also recommend G.A. Henty, for books that are slightly more educational and don't take place in the town of Zara-Petra or the world of Westmark. I must say a lot of Henty books are very hard for me to read and I get bored about half-way through, but a few of them really have captured me and taken me along for the ride. Albeit, Henty can be a bit...repetitive, in his storylines, so can Lloyd Alexander so why am I complaining? A Henty storyline- Guy goes adventuring, guy rescues girl (or tries to), guy gets captured, guy escapes, guy gets girl and lives happily ever after. Since I'm reading a few Henty books, though, I decided I should recommend him as an author.
Other books I'm reading at present are Girls Gone Wise in a World Gone Wild (sorta like it), The Developing Child (Psychology book that I like for character development), and of course a star-gazing guide for beginners. A few years ago I do believe my mom got rid of all of her old stargazing books which really makes me want to cry that I wasn't into that sort of stuff at the time. I mean, I REMEMBER her sorting through them and I DON'T remember her keeping many.
News flash-Meteorite shower on Friday, July 29. I'm still trying to remember if that's 29th P.M. (between 9 and 11:59) or A.M. (between 12:00 and dawn) but that doesn't really matter since it's such a spread out shower. I'll give a link later, since I'm REALLY excited about this one. Its small, but that doesn't matter to me at all. Actually, it makes me even more hyped up because I feel like a dedicated meteor-watcher because it's such a small shower that no one BUT stargazers go to.
Well...off to continue having my weird but awesome summer!!!

~A.K.~

No comments: