Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Butterfly



I finally caught you today, little butterfly
You reappeared this afternoon
Just as I suspected, you're terribly sly
And only came after the flowers had bloomed

Well, I wore floral perfume today
So will you land on my shoulder?
There's a lot I wanted to say
Before you disappeared earlier

Yes, I wanted to ask how you've been
Where have you journeyed,
what places have you seen?
You left for a long while

Your wings seem to sparkle, as if you wink
Oh, I've seen so much, you reply
But you're completely silent, and I think
You're not leaving; why?

Then you flutter past my face, and in a sudden rush
You're no longer the white butterfly I once knew
Instead, a pretty man smiles at me, and I flush
The answer is clear, but I still want to ask 'who are you?'

You bow, removing your hat, smoothing your red coat
'Shall we?' you hold out your hand and I take it
Colors and pictures surround me, through the air we float
I open my eyes to find that I am lost, but it's with you

It's the Butterfly World, I guess, and it almost glitters
The most beautiful place I've ever seen
As you show me your world; I feel like I'm in a theater
Watching a fantasy film, or living in a dream

Your home is full of magic and mystery
'So this is where you go in winter'
You smile, eyes sparkling, looking at me
And you don't give me any answer

We see the ocean, the forest, the sky
We talk and laugh, you're like a good friend
You're a gentleman, Mr. Butterfly,
You are good to me; you're like a rare gem

I stare into your dark brown eyes; so gentle
You take my hands in yours; so warm
The moonlight kisses your face
And you kiss my lips.

I think to myself; who will believe this?
First person to speak to a butterfly,
Hold hands with a butterfly
Kiss a butterfly.

And now a man has become a butterfly
He's flown away from me again
It was all just a dream, but I won't cry
No; because this isn't the end


Little poem about my butterfly. He's been visiting me lately in our backyard, but I've only managed to get a few pictures of him.

What does he look like when he transforms? This is my best guess.



 Thanks for stopping by!

 Don't forget to say hi to your neighborhood butterfly next time you see him...you never know when he'll decide to transform back into a person. :P

-Argentia

5 comments:

Timeless Trinkets said...

Beautiful!

Argentia Krystofel said...

Thank you! :)

Hannah Leigh said...

D'AAAAAAAWWWWWW!!!!!!
That's absolutely ADORABLE! I was sitting here going, "AAAAAWW!!" "It's so sweet!"
You MUST send that to Mirriam... she'll love you forever. ^_^
Give that butterfly a kiss for me!!!

Argentia Krystofel said...

Thanks! As you can probably tell...I didn't really write the story. I just created it here so everyone can enjoy it.

I'll send it to her. :D

Hehehe...suuuuuurrreee. I already kissed a cat for the butterfly, now you want me to kiss the butterfly? Okay, but I'm blaming you for it this time! :P

Hannah Leigh said...

BWHAHAHA! You'll be okay - and you'll enjoy every minute of it.
*runs off cackling*