Thursday, March 1, 2012

Still a Writer?

So, I guess it's confession time-

I haven't written any short stories, or done anything in my novels, since November.

A few poems here and there is all.

I'm totally uninspired to write *anything* of length. Poetry, sure, I can cook you up a poem any time of day about just about anything. But lengthy writing with characters, plot, and more than three pages? Not recently.
 I look around me and see all these aspiring authors and authoresses who are always just plowing along through their writing, and they seem to never lose sight of a goal or lose their creativity. They also happen to be really good at it.

Starting at the beginning of this,
I've always been a 'writer'. I was writing stories at age 8, and I haven't stopped since.
 For 3 years, I mulled over some characters and ideas I'd come up with-who knows when; it's been so long, I've forgotten. Eventually, I decided to write a book about all these ideas and characters at age 12. I've had the same book sitting around in my documents for 4 years now. I only stopped writing on that thing 3 times; the first time being after I wrote the first chapter-I didn't write again for nearly a year. The second time being after I lost 20+ pages in a computer crash. The third time is now.
 As to my NaNo novel, I must admit I really, really, really love it. It's something I put a lot of time, effort and brain-power into, but no matter what I do...no inspiration comes. I can't finish it, or wrap up any lose ends. I have no idea where to begin or end the thing.

 I don't think anything is distracting me-I've tried ellimenating multiple things that could be the cause of the blockage on my creativity, but alas...banning myself from YouTube and forum sites does not help me refocus.

 I *can* locate one source of problems.
 Change of career choice.

 So, I never really thought I would be a professional writer anyway, right? But there was part of me that probably hoped I would.
 Now, I've change my focus to become a linguist. I want to learn to speak lots of languages fluently, and I'd love to teach other people to speak different languages, too. Communication is extremely fascinating to me; not to mention I love words, grammar...all of that jazz that also goes into the construction of language. 
 Apparently...I'm really good at it.

 I, honestly, don't think so, but I love it, so isn't that just as important?

 Rethinking stuff, I suppose I'm still a writer. I'll probably always write on the side; especially poetry.
 But I think I've found some things I really like-even more than I like writing. That's...saying a lot. >.<


 Okay, I think I'm done with my rant. All you writer friends that want me to help you edit things-I'm still available. All you writer friends that wanted to collaborate-I'm still horrible at it, but I'm still available.


 Bye!
 Ja-ne!
Anyeong!

 -Argent

No comments: