Tuesday, January 1, 2013

In 2012, I remember...'you'.


It became warm in March
Pushing through a crowd of people
My happiness brimmed on edge for this
One last moment to catch your face

Rainy afternoon
As I selfishly watched you
My heart began to cry,
And I turned my eyes away

I waited in the shade of trees for an afternoon
Observing through your eyes
Every normal occurence became something vivid
I wanted you to understand these moments

An expanse of people
I'm on my own here
Glimpse of my own future, chasing my identity
No two faces are identical

Your smile is a mere ghost now
The summer dance
If this was the last moment I recieved
I'll embrace it with strength

Every second I spent standing still
Shivering a little, brushing my skirt
Fingers trembling over my cell phone
The electicity betrayed your presence behind me

I keep thinking that the moment won't get any longer
But somehow we keep stumbling
Like a magnet has been put between
And I wonder if this is the last time I'll see your face?

A voice through the coldest night
Charismatic and careful, that's what I remember
The notes, the highs, lows, whispers
Bold, starry confidence and a feeling I have never felt before

Each moment connects to a memory
Full of feeling, sight, sound, taste, and pure pleasure
I don't want to forget the time I spent with of you
Whose names I may not know

Saddening and beautiful and encouraging all at the same time
When I open my eyes tomorrow, I will look forward
To each new moment ahead
To each new 'you'.




No comments: