Friday, February 1, 2013

Experience

This strange feeling now comes over me.
Not like the ocean's waves crashing against me
Or like the harsh sunlight beating down on my back

No, like the mud seeping into my sandals
After the long, quiet summer rain as it is
Dripping off my umbrella and dribbling on my bare toes

I can't decide what I think about the feeling
It breaks into the chambers of my heart
As lights break the darkness in a labyrinth of tunnels

Before I know it, this fleeting feeling tears me apart
Like branches ripped away in a violent storm
Leaving the debris scattered in the depths of my being

This distance, it is like trying to cross the entire world on foot
I take deep breaths of the free, open air
A reassurance that not everthing is as hopeless and far as it seems

The feeling is painful, but I will learn from it
Slowly, as the sun sets in the evening and rises in the morning
Slowly, in due time, but in a better time than mine...

I will go, I will see, I will understand, and I will have courage.

5 comments:

Timeless Trinkets said...

Beautiful piece of poetry.

Lucas said...

This is nice. I really Like it a lot. I'm afraid to post/publish most things I write though. Your pretty bold.

Argentia Krystofel said...

Lucas- Thanks so much. ^^ I don't know if it's boldness, wrecklessness, desperation, or just the general lack of people who understand what my poems truly mean. But either way, I still end up posting a lot of them.

Lucas said...

I'll be honest its really jumbled but I totally understand it at the same time. I might do this sometime soon.

Argentia Krystofel said...

Yeah, I don't write my poems to make a whole lot of sense. Sort-of like some song lyrics.

You should try it sometime, you might find you enjoy it.