Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day


Valentine's Day is confusing for me.
Valentine's Day is depressing-because I am single. I think that's a given-even people like me, with how boring I am, get lonely without a boyfriend on such a hyped-up couple-concentrated holiday. I normally don't get that depressed, because then I remember...
Valentine's Day makes me happy-because I am single. Good grief, who on earth wants a boyfriend at my age, anyway? (I sound like an elderly lady, don't I?) But honestly, I have no interest in romantic relationships at this point in my life. Why do I want to dedicate myself to that much time spent on someone in a romantic relationship when I probably won't even consider marriage until my mid-twenties? And then I think about...
Valentine's Day makes me freaked out-because I am single. This is free-for-all day, in a way. Who knows what might happen on Valentine's Day? I confess I have not been to WalMart (the most interesting and crowded place in my entire town) on Valentine's Day in several years. I promise I'm not scared. Okay, maybe I'm a little scared.

Why does it make me feel so conflicted? Maybe confusion is a part of being young. That's what a lot of people enjoy chalking problems up to. Hey, even I enjoy chalking my problems up to youth. It's an easy target.
Part of me believes I should just stop thinking about it, which is what I'm about to do. XD 
But not before I post this very interesting song/video. Haha. Yeah, that's what I do after saying I'm not interested in romantic relationships-hunt down Infinite's Hoya. -_-







 I've probably watched this video a good six times now, and it's not because I legitimately spend time hunting down Hoya. Instead, the visuals catch my attention more than the singers/rappers. The tones of this video are pretty. Especially the clashing red, white, and black. The burning book pages. The glass breaking backwards. The song is about a guy who feels so lonely when his girl isn't there that he wants her by his side constantly. The video seems to portray that, but I can't decide if the girl is already gone and he's reflecting on what he remembers of her and how much it hurts, or if she's just not there at the moment, and he's expressing the misery that comes with waiting for her return. In a funny way it reminds me of 10cm's 'I'm Afraid of the Dark' lyrically, because he (the singer/rapper) is being a little whiny and 'aegyo' about his predicament of not being with her constantly. 10cm portrays it in a rascally, childish, and fuzzy-soft way, whereas Infinite H seems to go with a lonely, desperate, edgy approach.

I don't know. The song's repetitive, easy-to-remember chorus 'niga eopseulttae' gets itself lodged in a person's brain, so I can't stop singing it around the house. >.<

-Argentia


2 comments:

Lucas said...

Awww. I'm sorry your single. But I'm sure that's best. XD I sure wouldn't want to inflict myself on anyone else. Jk. I think we fall into the categorie of people without a capital S but we are still so special we tend to be slightly unsocial..and then there is our lifestyle and God, and that narrows everything down a lot. :P but seriously, if you ^don't want to be single and 'alone' just wait a little. I am sure God will provide you with everything that you need. Just don't rush me. Muhahaha JK JK JK. I'm in a good mood, been watching nitro circus and am probably hyper right now. It's funny that you haven't been to Walmart. I went a few weeks ago and witnessed a fight between a very fat woman and a very skinny woman. I left without buying what I went for. Yeah, Walmart?? Not so much. Life is so much easier without a romantic relationship, but so much more fulfilling and happier with one.... So weighing that is hard. I personally don't think anyone who is sane would have me so I'm content where I'm at. But I can't lie and say I didn't think about sending valentines, for fun. I regret not sending any because now that I think about it I probably would of scared the hell out of whoever I sent one to. And I would of been freaked out if I got one too, but still. I ^wanted^ one.. Lol. Oh well. Today was a good day regardless.

Argentia Krystofel said...

Don't worry about it. ^^ I'm not lonely nor do I dislike being single. In fact, I don't plan on changing my single status until I'm in my mid-twenties, if not later. Bwahahaha...I think you'll be the one waiting. :P As Miss A would say-I don't need a man!

Honestly though, if God thought I needed a guy desperately, He would've made me with one. But instead, I guess He wants me to learn to live with Him first before I learn to live with a guy, hahaha. I probably don't deserve or need a man right now because, unlike you, when I think about getting a boyfriend, I normally just get irritated. XD
There are days when I feel lonely, though. So in many ways, I understand your confusion.

Hahahaha...I'll send you a fun Valentine one day if I get the chance. I just need your address, and an entire year to think about it. :P I'm actually quite glad that the only Valentine I received was from my friend...oh, well, in some ways I think her Valentines to me are more dangerous than if I got one from a boy. The girl likes to write from the perspective of different K-pop idols I like. It gets really...strange. O.o XD