Friday, May 10, 2013

So What's Happened? May Update

'사랑 (sarang)', the Korean word for love, drawn in the sand at Souther Shores, OBX, NC

Recently...how am I supposed to talk about recently in simple terms? My life seems dry and unexciting on the outside, and the things I do and say are quite boring, but inside I have a hurricane of thoughts and emotions building up in me. Of course I can't explain them, but I feel them and struggle with them, and it's very tiring.

I've briefly let And Then There Were Seven and The Summer Colors of You go in light of I Became Hollow and a return to Lineage. I've been re-reading Lineage and thinking about spending some time in July/August (probably the latter) to rewrite, but sometimes I want to work on The Chronicles of Valentijn Janson: From Belgay to Daron-Tithe more. It feels weird for me to write this but there are moments when I want to slam the romances shut and return to my former days of magic, adventure, and dark secrets. The main characters of each book, both Starr and Adrian, and Valentijn, were so intriguing. I will admit that my more recent characters don't match up to them.

I'm leaving for New York City again soon, hopefully to a sunny city instead of a rainy one. I'm sure my Korean is still as pathetic as before, and yes, I do need to work on it. But that is not for tonight and for another day instead. Leaving on a trip will be fun, even if it is with my grandparents which makes me a little uneasy. My last trip with them went alright, so maybe this one will.

Also-rain. It has rained here for several days now. A stationary front decided to dump all of its sorrows on us, so they say we'll have to deal with it until Saturday. A part of me wants to complain every morning I wake up and find the icky rain still pouring down my windows (which it didn't today, yay!), but another part of me feels good when the rain falls. Strange moods come over me when it rains. Good or bad, they are still nice to experience. May rain is different from rain in any other month, and it has a cleansing and clearing  quality that has a way of changing the way you think and feel.

My favorite tracks recently are Busker Busker's Yeosu Night Sea and At the Entrance to the Alleyway, both of which have very pretty lyrics when translated. Right now I'm listening to The Cure's Pictures of You, and I realize I forgot how much I love this song. XD I've become more and more forgetful recently, to the point that it frustrates me terribly.

I'm not sure if my current moods are regression or just me trying to clear my head. I am listening to music that I used to listen to years ago, and I have been revisiting old drawings and writings recently, but I can't decide if it's the recent pressures of college that make me do this, or just the fact that I've been away too long. I haven't listened to The Cure in ages, and the last time I opened Valentijn's book was at least nine months ago.

I'd write more, but it's getting late and I have school to do tomorrow.

-Argentia-




No comments: