Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Spring

She never wastes a word when speaking
Her accent is clipped in a strange way
And her voice is a contradiction
Warm as sunlight, cool as rain, frozen like snow

She has a laugh that is infectious
Nothing about her can be forgotten
From her hastily fixed clothing and hair
To her bright, darting eyes, she is wonderful

People can't understand their feelings about her
She appears to speak her thoughts
Then does the opposite of them
She is impulsive, independent, and incredible

I find that I like her
Although she is capricious
When she comes near, I am happy
Yet she seems to have no care for me

When her shining eyes first looked into mine
The impression was one of sadness
When her sea green soul met mine of pale gray
I saw her reasonable fears

Sometimes, when I speak with her
I see the pain of winters past buried deep inside
When the cold air kisses our rosy cheeks
How long must we wait for the warm sun?

When she is angry, I endure the harshness
Like the bitter wind, I know it will pass
After all, returning frustration with the same
Only leads to sadness

I wait with her through her tears
She is delicate, she is too fragile to be pushed forward
Patience is the key to unlocking her heart
Therefore, even when it rains, I wait with her

Waiting is probably going to kill me
And if her charm rips my heart from my chest
I will probably blame her in the end
But right now, there's no hope for my feelings

Even her swinging moods are neccesary
Her charm would be lost otherwise
Through the rain, the wind, and the snow
I will watch my unpredictable Spring come into full bloom



-A.K.-

No comments: