Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Fire-Breather



You blow traces of fire against my glass house
Who gave you the right to assault my peace?
Mystical and beautiful in a solid moment
You dare to pluck the strings of my heart again

With those dark eyes, you peer at me in the night
Each teardrop distorts your image to my heart
And when the world stops turning, I hope you regret this
I hope you regret beating against my glass house

When you freeze me for an instant in the cold air
Trapped in a bliss unfathomable to your tired eyes
Is it such a crime to be a silent statue, cold and strong
Sculpted out of desperate imaginations and beliefs?

Brief moment, your distant shape becomes so lovely,
Still is the winter air, still is your mouth, still is your breath
Not so clean and white as I thought it was
Not so clear and brilliant as once imagined

Hiding the pain while locking Pandora's box
I can see through the glass, but I cannot reach you
I watch your lips, but your voice has no words to deliver
I can observe you, but never interract

Sometimes I hoped that you would notice
I hoped that your soul could be stirred by this gaze
But what is stirring up in you is too painful to watch
A child's tower of blocks waiting to fall

There's a fire burning deep down in your chest
I wonder how long the flame can be kindled
I wonder how much trash you will slowly absorb
Burning it deep down in the depths of your being

If only we could break down the glass house
If only there were time for each wound to be healed
If only the fire could stop burning so black
Then perhaps you would stop standing there, so, so still









No comments: