Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Faker

Open the dark pools of mystery, wonder
Stars in the eyes of the night sky
Reflections of the cityscape, the people
Wandering, back and forth, surrounding

My hands are worthless shaking objects
We fall in utter confusion, what is this reality?
Was I yours, or was I your foggy realizations?
My shirt soaked in your tears, my heart weighted

Strip my wings of their pure feathers
Destroy my feelings with intense doubt
The future becomes a fixed equation
All of my efforts will add up to equal zero

Can I escape this flickering flame of a life?
The naked black trees, the azure blue sky
Sliced with a glowing knife and punctured
With trillions of tiny diamonds, bleeding black

I know how to make you cry like a little child
You know how to make me believe your lies
But I'm done with that ugly nightmare
That sleepless ending, those stormy nights

I refuse to believe in the perfection of man again
Or words or pictures or claims of honesty and love
Governments and organizations and associations
In every good thing there's a faker


-Argentia

No comments: