Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Jade Jikeidan

We did t'ai ch'i at midnight
Everything sliding to an abrupt halt
You looked into my eyes
And you whispered a lonely lovesong

If you hold me tight I'll smile
Tell me you need me and I'll stay
Buy the lies I sell you, and don't cry
Oh, dearest darling, don't you dare cry

We practiced pottery at noon
Forming the most beautiful creations
Imperfect and flawed, but lovely
And you whispered my praises

The ancient, pale moon
Bares its scared face without shame
The pits in your soul
Are shadows dancing in my vision

Life's been a pretty little lie
But it's also been a pretty little thrill
And if it doesn't get boring, it's okay
If it never gets quiet, we'll fly

We learned Chinese in the wee hours
Morning of mysterious oriental vision
But I could not understand your tone
So you whispered a little English in my ear

We have slipped in and out
Like your state of mind
But that wasn't the end for you
The sad stories keep building

The faces of those pretty babies
Big brown eyes like yours
Stare into my soul, they pierce me
Just like you

We danced in the haze of spring sunsets
My heart burning with a desperate fire
I was fascinated by you beyond belief
And you whispered lies in my ear

Oh, you were the match, bold and selfless
That finally struck the wheat field
In kamikaze flames, down, down, down
Thank you, thank you, for opening my eyes

I hope you stay this way, in peace
May you live, wild and free and boundless
Perhaps one day we will heal
Until then, please farewell my friend, farewell


-Argentia

No comments: