Saturday, May 21, 2016

Embodiment of Spring

inspired by Korean poetry in translation. 


My voice exists in an empty space---
maybe the small, tight gap between
your windowsill and clear glass,
has become a mirror of my reality 

Sorrowfully, I sing my anthems to your soul
though you have become deaf
to my tiny voice,
while your mouth spills crashing waves

What life would I live, if I had 
seen you as you have seen me---
another body in a room of forms,
another skeleton, enveloped with fat

Your milk-colored ribs in the yellow light
are a pattern embossed
on your thin white shirt,
your flesh has its own name, you know, 

And the skin of your fingers and calves
coats your body in the sunlight
of twenty summers, before you hide
in the pale colors of spring 

Entering your window at evening
is the sweet smell of late May
and the lovely death 
of the flowers I once left at your feet

I have walked the same path
within my mind, thousands of nights
and I always return to this
meandering garden of the Spring

Whose breezes caress your sweet neck---I confess,
you have too long entertained
my foolish eyes, while my lips praise
your beauty and charms without end.

No comments: