Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Celestial

my boy was a distant light
cutting through the firmament
orbiting the earth
tracing his path like a planet
i was the astronomer
watching his revolutions
out in the cosmos
my boy was not from here
his heart knew lights and noise
different from mine
and they were the dictionaries
giving him new sounds
to name his world
my boy had eyes like galaxies
were lost inside of him
and i was the astronomer
who wanted to know their names
all of the words
and the lights, the sounds
that were different from mine
my boy was a universe
and i was the astronomer
i got lost in him
deep in the night i tracked
his every movement
his lips twitching, his soft breath,
long, thin hands
and fluttering eyelashes
yes, my boy was a new frontier
and i was the astronomer
to discover it.

No comments: