Tuesday, February 28, 2017

IS(F)J

Being a feeler is looking out
at the world but
being unable to reach
because the hurt hurts so much
you can't breathe,
being a feeler is realizing
that no matter how much
you cry for other's pain
or how much it hurts to watch
people dying in vain
you can't fix it,
being a feeler is like
being a thinker but instead
of looking like we care, sometimes
we turn our backs on
starving people and burning cities
aching with guilt and
suffocation, wishing I could
bring to the surface the
stirrings of the deep, but instead
finding nothing but apathy
and exhaustion.


I'm working on a collection of poems about the way I experience my own personality. I've been into MBTI for a long time and made some great friendships thanks to it, but it's never really entered my writing before (except for maybe a few older poems). I also get so geeky that I've almost memorized all the type's cognitive functions, haha.
The second cognitive function of the ISFJ is Fe, "Extroverted Feeling". I can't describe how this is for everyone, but it comes to me most often as a distinct kind of idealistic caring, empathy, and fascination with other people that I can't always contain or control. 

Sometimes, I have to shut it off.
Hope you enjoy. 

No comments: