Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Trip

Hello everybody!! Sorry if I haven't been posting, I've been at my grandparent's house a lot. (we call them Mumsie and Pa.) First, we went to their house August 7-9 because mom and dad had to deal with some business in another town. Lillian, my two-year-old sister had to sleep with me.(she hasn't been to Mumsie's house without mommy that much before now because she nursed and we couldn't get her to sleep without it. She's weaned now, though.) Oh, how much I rocked her!! Then she needed her Care Bear, and her special 'away from mommy' blanket,(that is actually on of mom's pajama shirts.) AND her Hello Kitty juice cup. Mind you, it HAD to be Kitty at bedtime, not her big brother's super heroes. WITH grape juice, nothing else. But I lived through the diapers and naps and juice catastrophes. Oh, and the tricycle wreak with skinned knee to boot. But the cute smiles and quality time was rewarding. Then we came home for the tenth. Only Avery(my 1st younger brother) and I went to Mumsie and Pa's on the 11th-15th. On this trip we left for Kentucky, our exact destination-Bardstown, where Stephen Foster, an American originally from Pittsburge lived for a short time. Stephen Foster wrote songs like- Oh Susanna, Capetown Races, and My Old Kentucky Home, the state song of Kentucky. My Pa likes to sing this one sometimes because he was born in Kentucky. We went to Louiville Kentucky, were Pa was born. We didn't get to ride a steam boat, but we did get to cross the bridge over the Ohio river and go into Indiana for the first time in our lives. My brother held his breath all the way across the bridge, save for one exhale when he couldn't hold it in any longer. He says he got a score of 2,500. Crazy, right? Oh, well. We enjoyed Louiville greatly, Pa and Avery went to a history museum and Mumsie and I poked our heads into the science museum gift shop. There were all these beautiful Nature CD's (Ocean sounds and such) that I like to listen to, and a player was playing samples. I guess Mumsie decided I was going to buy some because when I walked over she gave me ten dollars for watching the baby!! I told her I didn't deserve that, but she told me to keep it. But I decided not to spend it. So here I am with ten dollars I don't deserve. Oh, well. Then, that evening we headed over to Bardstown to see the Stephen Foster Musical. The musical was outside and started at 8:30 and went until about 10:00. It was nice, with ladies in beautiful Civil War dresses, but the best part was the end, when the full moon peeked up above the trees and shone down on everyone. Then I went back to the hotel, in the back seat of the car listening to Enya and watching the moon out the back window. Then we traveled back home. It was fun and I enjoyed this part of the last month of summer vacation.
-Autumn
P.S. I hope to post some artwork I did on the trip soon, but we are very busy here!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It sounds like you had a lot of fun!!
And thanks so much for leaving a comment on my blog!! I hope you continue to visit.
I'll put you on my favorite blogs list.

~Madison

Argentia Krystofel said...

Thanks Madison!
-Autumn

Hannah Leigh said...

Yup, you told me all about it!!! :D

-Rose