Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Young Justice Rant

 (This rant is about Young Justice, the new superhero show on Cartoon Network. I know absolutely nothing about the real Justice League so if you're a fanatic...this is about Young Justice, which isn't based on any comics and is about the 'sidekicks' of the Justice League members, not the members themselves)


Well, I think anyone who's watching this show knows about Superboy. Since he is really one of those dark handsome boys that is bound to intrigue everyone, I decided to rant about him first.
 So far, in the show, his history is thus-He was created by Cadmus via DNA stolen from Superman. Within a 16 week period he was formed, with Geognomes force-feeding information about the world that he would eventually come to live in.
 No parents.
 No family.
 Unless of course you count old Superman...and I'll stop because from there on out things get really weird.
 It's obvious he got his personality from his 'father'. Dark, brooding, slightly masochistic when he needs to be...he's just waiting for some poor girl to come along and put her all into drawing out that little sunshine she sees in his rare smiles. Now, is it just me, or is he just terribly ROMANTIC?!?!? XD He's the perfect romance novel character! He's got a past that's (somehow) hurt him, no family (oh really?), and absolutely no one to comfort him (well, he would if he'd only stop being such a monastic). Reality is in the parentheses, people!
 Though as a character, I do like Superboy. He has some real depth. It's just that his character will need a little more work to please me completely. His type is just a bit cliche, though I tend to find some good things about them. When he does finally come out of his dark phase, I hope he stays nice and quiet. I really like how shy he is. >.<
 I do with Miss Martian wouldn't waste her time on him, though...
As for Superman's place in all this, I wish he would step up to the plate. I never knew a Superman that was this duty-shirking and it drives me crazy. Putting myself in his shoes, I would be a little weirded out that this 'son' had been created without me even knowing or having any involvement in it, but that doesn't excuse the fact that he now has an obligation to teaching this boy what he needs to know so that he might, eventually, become a replacement. You have to plan ahead for the future be you from Krypton or not.

So that is my rant. Next week, after the newest episode of YJ, I guess I'll be doing another rant. And if at all possible, this time I shall write about Robin...who throughout time has never ceased to be somehow on my favorites list....


-Argentia Krystofel

No comments: