Friday, August 12, 2011

If it were...

If it were real.


The statement lingers in my mind, a quiet reminder of the fairy tale that somehow, for that instant, didn't seem impossible.
I simply smiled, observed from a distance. I didn't feel giddy or light, but rather a rock-solid, attached feeling, like my feet would never leave the ground even if I exerted all of my energy just to jump. I couldn't move, yet I wanted to. I wanted to move, yet somehow, it was pointless. The whole thing was worth it in some sense of the word; just to watch and think-I want to remember this.


I didn't even realize I was dreaming.


I felt alive, surrounded by people in a dark, loud, enclosed space, with lights flashing only on one place of note, and that place was one I won't forget.


I can't help but contemplate my feelings. It was just a dream, but it was realistic enough that I believed it, even after the first few moments of waking up. I was calm; happy, yes, filled with emotion, yes. But I wasn't allowing it to take hold of me or determine my action. I stood there, I observed, I continued in my one persuite.
 There was something I had to say to you. Even if you totally ignored me, or couldn't understand me, I wanted you to at least hear my words, spoken for you.
 So even when I was standing right next to you, I wasn't distracted from my goal...
 I question myself now; no, I torture myself with inquiries, mulling over a situation that will most likely never be thrust in front of me. I feel so happy, trying to remember the dream that is now tarnished by time. Yet there is a dark, thoughtful, bitter thought of whether or not I would really remain so focused. I wish I could ask my subconscious some questions, almost as much as I wish I could ask you some.
 I've tried to reach you; todoke, but I still wrestle with the truth and hope. The darkness of this world, and the light that all will eventually be answered.
 So I repeat it in my head; todoke, todoke, todoke...reach you.

-Argent

No comments: