Friday, October 21, 2011

In the Midnight Watches

 I'll be watching
 On a dark December night
 Till the sun does rise
 On this weary, old world,

 I'll be watching
 As time seems to slip
 Through my fingertips
 And the second hand ticks


 I'll be there
 In the coldest hour
 Though I don't know where
 To meet you, dear

 I will wait
 As the winter air around me
 And the stars and galaxies above me
 Declare His glory

 I'll be watching, yes,
 As the Ancient of Days
 Works in mysterious ways
 That I do not understand

 I'll be watching, yes,
 Even if I am afraid
 Even if you do not change
 Even if you cower and run away.

 I'll be praying, yes,
 In the midnight watches
 And the hours before dawn
 Not only for this but because

 He is so great and so mighty
 I know I have been blessed
 He is so loving and wonderful
 He is God, our Savior, and He will do what he deems is best.

No comments: