Sunday, October 2, 2011

Warm and Fuzzy

 Wrapped in warmth, I feel amazing! The Highlanders Festival at Radford was today, and I spent almost the the entire day there. It was FREEZING, but actually really fun. I wore a costume (yes!) and so did my little brother and friends. We listened to great bagpipe music, eat shortbread, brave the elements and watch (or in my brothers case, do) some great swordplay. Yes, I'm a fan of my own brother. :P
 Afterwards I headed home with our pastor and my friend Megan, and we went to their house for supper-a nice beef soup. It was warm, and cozy, and we laughed and talked a lot and had a great time.


 So I feel warm and cozy right now. :) I just want to smile a lot and listen to nice music...it feels nice to know that fall is finally here, winter will soon follow, and I can rest for a while. And be able to wrap up in a warm sweater. My biggest worries seem to just be so unimportant...thank You, Lord! :)

 Also...today, my little brother Elliott turned 11. It feels so weird to see my 5 year old sister wearing his favorite coat when HE was 5, and trying to remember Elliott being THAT small. Megan played me a song today that reminded me so much of Elliott-Close To You, by the Carpenters. Here's a little of the lyrics-

On the day that you were born,
 The angels got together
And decided to create a dream come true
 So they sprinkled moon dust in your hair 
 of gold, and starlight in your eyes of blue

Which is why, all the girls in town
 Want to follow you all around
 Just like me, they want to be
  Close to you.

 Sorry if it makes you embarrassed one day, but the song really does remind me of you, Elliott.
 Happy Birthday. :)

-Argentia <3

No comments: