Tuesday, October 11, 2011

NaNoWriMo-Character Designs, Issues, Etc...

Alright...so, just a brief idea of what I'm TRYING to do for NaNoWriMo. ^.^
 I know for very sure that I have 3 main characters. I also know for very sure that all three of these main characters are going to be male.
 I don't know why that is, actually, except that I think my ability to write females is very lacking and I really don't want to deal with the stress of writing one.
 Of these three guys, I want one to be rather quiet; sticks to himself, doesn't enjoy large crowds, and tends to not open up very easily. He doesn't really have much to hide, but he doesn't prefer sharing unless specifically asked to. It just doesn't cross his mind to do so on a regular basis. He's also a rule-follower.
 He's on a journey, but he's a homebody, creating some confusion in guys 2 and 3...


 Guy 2- Fun loving, energetic-Loves new people, new experiences...or anything that changes the ordinarily "dull" pace of his life. Tends to make things up as he goes, rather than thinking it through before hand. He cannot understand the necessity of theory or planning. He has to be in action, or he feels guilty or unhappy.
 I don't know much about him yet.

 Guy 3-HERE is the trouble maker. I have no idea what sort of personality I want for him. Most would find this extremely easy, but there's just one detail. Guy 1 is an ISTJ, according to Meyers-Briggs typology. Guy 2 is an ESTP. I've been dying, just dying to work with a person like Guy 2. Long-term, I probably wouldn't be able to tolerate one, but somehow their spontaneity...is cute? >.<
 But my issue here is that I don't necessarily want all these types of people to get along. I want them to rub eachother's fur the wrong way-not necessarily on everything, but definitely on a few certain subjects, that to one might be important, but to another, is simply irrelevant. 
 So I sort-of don't know *what* to do with Guy 3. *sigh* I guess I'll have to go consult my psychological-jargon-books for answers. :P Seriously...people act as if I'm the plague when I talk about these things. T.T

 They work for characters. I'm going to prove that.
 *can't wait to write Guy 2*

-Argentia

No comments: