Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012 is coming...

Someways, it comes with a great shout, a screaming of voices. Someways, it comes with quiet sadness, tears falling in silence.
 But for me, it usually comes slowly, quietly, in the cold night, creeping in. I neither shout, nor cry. I smile, maybe. But it's always in that moment, when I neither feel regret nor great joy, that the New Year comes.



 I can't describe it.


Goodbye, 2011; it's been a good year.

Hello, 2012; I'm looking forward to seeing what you bring.

-Argentia

3 comments:

Hannah Leigh said...

My reactions, exactly.
I felt like crying, but couldn't, because I was smiling too much.
It's a weird feeling when you see the clock turn...

Argentia Krystofel said...

I just get giddy, and this goofy smile comes across my face like I'm 8 years old or something. XD I probably look like a little kid, too. But that's sort-of the way my heart jumps up in my throat when the clock turns-the same way it has for all the years that I have stayed up till midnight!

It's such a weird feeling...but an exciting one! :D

Hannah Leigh said...

Hmhm - I looked like a deranged rabbit wondering what just happened to my year. :P XD
... I still feel a little deranged, actually! *laughs*
I'minsaneI'minsaneI'mINSANE!!!