Monday, January 9, 2012

Memory

Whenever I remember the lost time
The sun shined so brightly
Like a stained glass, broken memory
The rays of warmth and light

I stopped writing this forgotten poem
Because I was afraid
But I can't stop, this place I call 'home'
Must be filled with words

Held in the arms of one like a fortress
A familiar face smiles at me
Laughing, crying, but never loving less
I can't forget that day

You whispered a prayer with me
In the moment when my held-back tears fell
Even though you didn't believe
Any good would come from those times

The hours late into the night, spent talking
The things I will never understand
Every time I think of it, I keep walking
Measuring up to standards

People everywhere, crying deep inside
They're calling to me, silently
Gazes that always have something to hide
Nothing new under the sun, vanity


Faces burning in the back of my mind
Hands I've held, voices I've memorized
The colors were so vivid when the sun shined
Those times when I had no fear at all

And then I close my eyes, and I sigh
What will be made of this?
The times I spend alone, staring at the sky
Making faint wishes on the brightest stars

Indeed, the light catches, reflected in the soul
A light I feel I can't see from anywhere
A smile is piercingly clear, but I keep forgetting
The reason that I decided to come here

My memory is of a quiet, rainy day
A book in my hand, music in my ears
As I carefully pondered what I would say
Ah, it's been so many years

 

-Argentia

1 comment:

Hannah Leigh said...

Wow - that was really beautiful.
I know what you mean... *sigh*