Saturday, October 26, 2013

Peter Pan

You smile at me, flash pearly whites
Say, "don't get caught up in all the lights,"

Each face around us is from so long ago
Each voice is a distant, insignificant echo

In conversation they waltz through frivolous dance
Left-right, left-right, for in a box we never advance

You turn your back, I call your name in fear
You take my hand, "where shall we go, dear?"

Shock, fireworks against your dark skin
Abrupt footsteps amidst the din

You lead me, you pave the way for escape
Understand what I love and the silence I crave

The sky is dark, each hint of day
Over the horizon has slipped away

The lantern above us dimly glows
Reflected in the oxfords on your toes

My bare shoulders are pricked by the cold air
The cream colored dress is ruffled for flair

I can feel your arm on my shoulders
Warm through the fabric of your double breasted suit

Words break across my rosy red lips and I sigh
"I simply wish that away from this place I could fly,"

You lean in towards me, lips inches from my cheek
"Baby, you're like a sad Peter Pan," you softly speak

Breath in my ear like a whisper of wind,
"because you don't know if and when you'll win,"

"You see the brightest, second star to the right,
but it might just disappear while you are in flight,"

"So darling, you watch, you want, but you stand still
Even if it sparkles, you fight desire with will,"

"This journey might not have a good ending, but baby,
None of that matters if you're still my lady,"

"If you wanna catch those stars, I'll go grab a net,
Together we'll catch more happiness than anyone yet,"

"The runway is clear, girl, the night is young,
Don't wait for a second chance to come,"


-Argentia Krystofel

No comments: