Friday, July 8, 2016

After the Rain

your eyes traced the sky, but the sky
is probably cloudy tonight,
the first message from you was
stars falling, so I went to look but
all I found was the night
"standing in the...warm summer light
I can't recall the details
yet I can still see your eyes"
and because you didn't lie
you just tried to hide,
"looking far away,
avoiding...
neither of us knowing...
answers evade me 
like my memories,"
which just keep fading, I forgot
the sound of starlight
or the night in your city,
yet here you are
purpose yet unspoken,
for reasons
I cannot imagine,
because stars are not falling
but not to dissuade you,
not to turn you away, you
are so very brave,
I've come to think that
actually, you are not starlight
or the black night at all, but
since the rain
has come and gone,
I like to believe that your spirit
is the sweet, rain-kissed air which
fills my lungs.



Quoted lines from a previous poem. 

No comments: