Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Art

Well, I have been sick. Runny nose, headache, slightly sore throat. Perhaps some of you have the same thing? lol.
OK, so I've actually had time to take pictures of my artwork!! 8D

Kopaka Phantoka
-*Is shouting for joy* I drew Kopaka!!
OK, so the picture is NOT the best quality. Give me slack because I'm sick and blame my mom's terrible camera in the process. I took these pictures THREE times, and each time the camera would not pick them up. It was like they weren't even on the SD card. *looks suspiciously at SD card*
Oh well, I drew this picture after getting Kopaka Phantoka at the WAL*MART. I was nuts over the toy and that funny rock/vine decoration on the outside of the package. Well, on the back of the box, up in the right corner there is an example of him behind the rock/vine thingy. I was inspired. My favorite thing is his position, especially the way his arms are rapped around the vines/rocks. No, I did not draw those rocks/vines from memory. I was looking at the box.

Lewa and Onua Nuva-This is part one in a series of pictures I'm doing. It is Lewa and Onua Nuva. Also, I have been experimenting with the muscle coloring in these. See how Lewa's neck muscles and collar bone are colored and Onua's are inked? Also, that little sign on Onua's arm is a continuation of the concept for Gali Mistika's powers and such. That is the evidence of his elemental powers over dirt(earth).
Tahu and Gali Nuva-This is number two in the beach series. It is Tahu and Gali Nuva. I think the sunset in the background is very beautiful. Btw, Hahli, I used the pencils that you gave me for my birthday on this pic.!
And a closeup of the sunset.



Lewa- Good Grief, I cannot get over this picture. Yes, I know Bionicles don't celebrate Christmas, but I HAD to do this. If you can't read my handwriting, Lewa is shouting-"Taka, Gali-Sister, it's Christmas!"with his fist thrust out in front of him, ready to conquer those gifts and stockings.
Now, after he falls down the steps, Lewa will shove pancakes into his mouth and then shred the wrapping paper on his presents into a million pieces. =P
I drew this yesterday, and the only problem I see is that the leg that is bent is attached wrong. His hip should be a little more to the left.
This also gave me the idea to draw a picture of Taka eating pancakes. Taka is a fan-made way of shortening Takanuva.
I'm hoping to do a post tomorrow with some links to some other artist's drawings of Human Bionicles. They are both much better(and older) than me. I hope you will like them.

One last thing, and then I will let you go: I HAVE done three drawings of Axxon and Brutaka, but I'm not sure if I should post them. They are kinda, er, well they aren't bad, they're just different. Rose has seen one of them. I guess they aren't horrible, but I'll think about posting them. :)

-Autumn

7 comments:

Hannah Leigh said...

Autumn! My goodness! You are getting WONDERFUL at your drawing!!! *sulks* it's not fair! Even I can't do that good!
I LOVE the one of whatshisname running down the stairs, and of the two guys on the beach; the highlighting in the dark-headed one's hair is great!

Axxon? I don't remember the pic. Maybe you can send it to me over e-mail and I'll tell you what I think! ;)

In Christ,
~Rose

Argentia Krystofel said...

Rose-Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you THANK YOU!!!
That really is sweet of you Rose. I guess I haven't shown these to you.
Oh, yes, his name is Lewa. And the highlights on the dark headed one weren't that hard, you just draw zigzags.
OK, I'll send Axxon and Brutaka to you.
Any way, thanks a million, you've boosted my confidence and made me feel better.:)
-Autumn

Hannah Leigh said...

Good! I'm glad I could help!

In Christ,
~Rose

Unknown said...

These are really good! The attention to detail that you give is wonderful, especially for your age. I didn't start drawing details (ex: shading, patterns on clothing etc) unti later. I really like the one of Lewa running down the stairs... the flannel shirt and snowman pants! Too cute! I really like the detail that you put in your drawings. You do a very good job with it! The posses are interesting and eye catching, and you aren't afraid to draw a difficult pose either! Keep up the good work and you'll be drawing like a pro in no time! :)

Argentia Krystofel said...

Fantasy- Oh, Thank you!!!!!
Lewa's personality in my drawings is almost always inspired by my little brother Elliott. He never wears matching pajamas. :P lol
Poses are SOOOOO much fun!!! They incorporate expression into my artwork, and make everything seem much more real.
Anyway, thanks for the complement, I am always happy to hear from another artist!!!
-Autumn

Meredith said...

Your artwork is quite good. Keep it up. I can't wait to see where you go with your skill in the future.

Christus Victor,
Sasha

Argentia Krystofel said...

Sasha-Thanks! I'm amazed at how many complements I've been getting, which startles me some, as the style I draw is not very traditional.
Well, I'll see you soon!
-Autumn