Saturday, December 27, 2008

It's over!!!!

Christmas Day and all of the Christmas festivities are over, everyone. But I'm not disappointed, because a new year is coming, and there are a lot of wonderful things happening on my schedule in 2009!!!
So, I promised a Christmas post. Sorry, but I don't have any pictures yet.

Christmas Eve we open our presents, because we go to our grandparent's house and to our church on Christmas Day.
Well, I received a set of Faber-Castell felt tip inking pens. Along with those came a pencil, eraser, sharpener and stencil. Then I also received some Prismacolor pencils.
Then we went to church Christmas morning. We sang Christmas hymns and some of the men in the church read scripture.
Then we all exchanged gifts, which was the most hectic thing I think I've ever seen. But fun! :)
After that, we ate. There were all these goodies!!! Hehe, there were these 'aromatic ornaments' that me and some friends had made about a week ago. They looked like cookies, but actually had something like 3/4 a cup of SALT in them.
Well, Fox convinced Shadow to take a taste of one. It was funny, mostly just because Shadow believed us. :P
Then we danced. It is a tradition of ours to dance the Virginia Reel on Christmas Day.
Sasha and Fantasy know a lot about dancing, so they showed us many dances. First we danced the Virginia Reel. Then we did a very random Gay Gordon, and then we just danced several different things. I learned a lot about waltzing. But I tell you, I just CAN'T figure out that Salty Dog Rag. It's so confusing, I always end up getting myself tied in knots!!!
Then we headed down to our grandparents. (We call them Mumsie and Pa, I'm not quite sure why.)
First, though, we had to go pick up our Grandma, then we headed to Mumsie and Pa's.
Mumsie had cooked a HUGE dinner, and I ended up with a stomach ache, as usual when she cooks her big dinners.
We opened presents after that.
I received a gingerbread scented candle, a thing to store my drawings in, a sweater with the twelve days of Christmas stitched on it, and a black purse that matches my dress shoes. It is a cute little purse, yet it has a teenager look to it. I like it a lot.
The best part was watching the sun set. There are some big hills behind my Mumsie and Pa's house, and when the sun sets behind them, it is beautiful, any time of year. I was also listening to my little MP3 player, which made the sunset even more beautiful.


Well, Happy New Year, and I hope you had a lovely Christmas like me!!!
-Autumn

7 comments:

Eruaphadion said...

Yeah the service/party on Christmas was fun! *Grin* I know how that works with the food. Whats worse is when you totally stuff yourself with rice. It expands in your stomach because of all the liquids and it hurts for hours.

Argentia Krystofel said...

Fox-I'm sure you know how it works, you practically devour any brownies that come to church.

Yes, the party was a ton of fun. Although I hope you got some sleep last night, you seemed really tired yesterday.

-Autumn

Eruaphadion said...

Actually i went to bed at 3 last night also......lol. I think I am becoming like my cousin.

Unknown said...

It was a lot of fun, and it sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas day! Mine was good as well, and sorry for forgetting to bring your present yesterday. I'll get it to you Sunday, if I don't forget again.

I love Prisma colored pencils! You can really do some really neat things with them. I can show you a few 'tricks' with them if you'd like! :)

on another note, I think its funny that the 'word verification' thing that I have to type in to post is 'banteman". That's two words more than batman! lol

Meredith said...

I say....glad you enjoyed the dancing. And hey, it took me three years to learn the Salty Dog Rag. You'll get it eventually. I must say, your little brother is very good at the VA Reel. I have recently acquired more good dance music.

Argentia Krystofel said...

Fox-Which cousin??
Oh, please try to get more sleep.I usually am asleep before twelve!

Fantasy-Well, *cries* I'm sick, so I don't think I'll be at church today. But I'm not sure, I may feel better.
Some new 'tricks' or 'tactics' would be much appreciated!
lol, I get to type such entertaining things in the word verification box!!!8D

Sasha-Yes, I love to dance.
Well, I have hope for the Salty Dog Rag. Maybe I'll get it soon.
Which little brother? I have so many, I can never tell which one anybody is talking about!:):P
Yay!!! The music is one of the best parts.

Well, thanks for the comments, ya'll.
-Autumn

Joanna said...

Hey, I read your story. Way to leave people on a cliff hanger!;) It was great. Can't wait till the book becomes a best seller!
~Joanna