Friday, December 5, 2008

First Ride

Today I was at Rose's house and got to ride Belle! She is a dear horse. I also got to ride Red, bareback. Such fun!!
That also happened to be my first ever ride on a horse! And even though I usually have problems with being super nervous, I wasn't that much! So I actually got to enjoy it!


Also, yesterday I got to watch Narnia: Prince Caspian. I'm going to do a bit of a review on it, so if you haven't seen it and don't want to be spoiled, don't read any further.


OK. Out of the two movies(The Lion The Witch And The Wardrobe and Prince Caspian) I was more interested and pleased with the first. It just drew me in, as the second one did not as much.
Although, there are some parts that I LOVED.

First of all, the beginning where Caspian falls off of his horse was VERY interesting, I felt the urge to run into the movie and untangle the reigns and help him.
Second, the scene with Peter in a fight is very nicely done, I actually liked the generic-ness of that part.
Third, the part where they infiltrate Miraz' castle and Susan asks-"Who exactly are you doing this for, Peter?" I thought that was put very well, and jabbed Peter very emotionally.
Fourth, anything that Reepucheep(don't kill me if I spelled that wrong, but please let me know)
said was awesome. As Lucy so bluntly yet effectively put it "Oh my gosh, he is so cute!" Not to mention funny.
Fourth, the part after the first battle at Miraz' castle where Caspian and Peter are yelling at eachother I undoubtedly loved. I have a strange attatchment to rivalrys like that.
Fifth, The part where Caspian and Peter are both tempted to give thier blood to the White Witch is one of my favorites, as I felt like I was in the movie in that part, as well as in the other parts.
When Edmund cracks that ice I was very relieved.
Sixth, after the second big battle, when Susan, Edmund, Peter and Caspian are kneeled down in front of Aslan, when Aslan says "Arise, kings and queen of Narnia" and all of them rise up except
Caspian and Aslan says "All of you" a great feeling of hapiness for Caspian welled up in me.

Probably, of all the characters I like Lucy best. I also liked that 'Chivilrous (yet cute) tiny knight of Narnia, the DLF and others. Of the humans-
1. Lucy
2. Edmund
3. Peter and Caspian(*to self* You just HAD to put them on the same number, didn't you)
4. Susan( I wasn't as impressed with her in this one.)

Well, back to sipping Blueberry tea and watching Full Metal Alchemist!
-Autumn

6 comments:

Eruaphadion said...

Hi! Your post was fun to read. I like Lucy and Edmund best too; Caspian just wasn't very mature, if you ask me. But Reepicheep(not sure how to spell it either!) was definitely cute and oh so funny!!!
I didn't know you drank Blueberry tea. Good stuff, isn't it?

See you,
Hahli

Argentia Krystofel said...

Oh, Hahli, I'm glad that was you, it didn't sound like your brother!
Well, I don't know about Caspian or Peter. I really like Peter in the first one, but in this one he was acting a bit TO mature. Yet Caspian should have listened to Peter. And everybody should have listened to Lucy anyway, because she was telling them what Aslan wanted them to do.
For some weird reason, I like the part where Caspian and Peter are angry with each other. For one thing, it kinda got my brother off of his 'Peter is always super right and no body can deny it' idea. =P No offense to my brother, because Peter is usually right. Yet that is only when he believed in Aslan and Lucy.
-Autumn

Eruaphadion said...

Just to make things clear this is now FOX.

Personally as a movie I loved prince caspian, but having said that as Prince caspain I couldn't stand it. It was horribly inaccurate to the movie Prince Caspian himself was a jerk that should have been executed for insubordination.They turned Peter into a semi Jerk with his arrogance. I must say Edmund trumped them all and was my favorite yet again. Reep was AWESOME! Lucy was cute as ever but...well I hate the fact that they turned her seeing Aslan into a DREAM! FOR CRYING OUT LOUD PEOPLE!!!!! Any way...I think I've ranted enough for now xD

Unknown said...

I thought Caspian was pretty good myself, but I do believe I liked the first one better myself. Reepicheep (sp?) was one of my favorite characters though!

Blueberry tea sounds good, though I've never had any. And I know Full Metal Alchemist is good!

Unknown said...

When I said "Caspian was pretty good" I meant the movie, btw, not the character.

Argentia Krystofel said...

Fox- Well, I don't know about execution, but Caspian was NOT my favorite character. Neither was Peter.
YES! Edmund was amazing!:D
Seriously though, he was the best one next to Lucy.
And they should've been much more accurate to the book.

Fantasy-Yes, the movie was pretty good, especially some of the effects. It appeared very real, which I really liked, but in a way it was one of those movies with so many scenes that I actually got a little confused.
You should try blueberry tea sometime, it's really good.
-Autumn