Tuesday, October 5, 2010

To the Princess, from the Commander of the Military

Well, I guess fall is here. ^.^;

I can't believe I am going to the beach next week! XD  It's so cold here, but I know it will be warmer down south. =D
I got some good pics the other day when we went to the Scottish Festival in Radford. It was lots of fun; I saw some cool beadwork and jewelry, clothes, listened to some awesome music, and watched the Inheritance after going home to my friend's house for the evening. ^.^

Anyways, I'm bored, so I'll write something and hope it turns out decently.-

To the King's Physician and Princess,

You know, I always silently scolded myself for such compassion towards you and the others. But I couldn't help it. There was some connection between us.

Perhaps because we are all sentient beings; though we're a group made up of humans, elves, half-blood mermen, and fairies, which should have set us apart on the racial front, but never did.

 Other than that I can give you no reason. But over these years, the fortress of my body was broken down and I have come to associate with people more closely. I think I finally have found the light, but I'm not quite sure. It's a difficult thing to understand, I suppose. But I am certain I will never be going back there.

The darkness of it all was so terrible. And I am of a race assimilated with darkness. I must say I am never going to be able to see your interpretation of darkness in quite the same way, but we don't always have to see eye to eye, no?
 Anyways, it was rather horrible and I'm so thankful to have escaped it. I pay much of my thanks to the heavens, but a certain merman and yourself deserve much credit, along with the other members of our group. I would have never become a dedicated person if it weren't for Adrian, I do believe. I know I'm giving him a lot of credit, which doesn't seem normal of me, but I know that you will delight in knowing it, and I'm sure you won't hold it against me; quite the contrary, which could arise suspicion at my having said anything at all. But that's a paradox we shan't go into, my dear.

As you probably have already guessed, I'm sending this letter from the battlefield. The only thoughts that occupy my mind are saying goodbye to you and my home. For my home is you, did you not know that? Did you not know that when you gave me your last, final wave and turned away? I sigh heavily at the prospect; I can't stand the dreams of my past life without some thought of you and some horror at the vividness of the dreams and the cold sweat dripping down my face when I awake in the middle of the night. I hope I don't scream or talk; it wouldn't do me much good around the soldiers, would it? Murmuring or whispering is alright, because I have no one else in my tent, but honestly...I either need to take lithium before bed or learn whatever Adrian did to keep himself from uttering a sound.
 Other than such, there isn't much to keep me busy. The enemy is easy to round up, and I suspect I'll be back at the castle in a few weeks. But something is constantly nagging at me; it is your going away form the castle, and my saying goodbye. Ah, I already mentioned that, didn't I?

I'm sure you can tell by now that I am beating around the bush to get to my point. I started out good, but I am finishing rather badly. Digression is my weakness in letters; I wish I could stay on the point like Tithdaeron always did.

At any rate, I was just going to tell you that you have made a great improvement upon my life; I miss you more than I miss my own father, and that is a lot as you well know. I want you here...safe, in my arms, where I can watch over you and protect you. Moreover, I want to reassure that you are mine, and no other man's. For some reason, it seems easier to do that when you, dear Starr, are by my side.

-Love,
Your Dark Elf; Alastair
Commander of His Majesty of the West's Army of 15, 000 and Rightful Prince of the Dark Elvish Throne.
In the Eastern Frontier, Peeling Potatoes, Polishing Swords, and Rambling Stupid Plans that are Easy yet Somehow Hard To Understand.

No comments: