Friday, September 9, 2011

5top, Turn Around...

5top, Turn Around...Hear the silence...I'm speaking. 

Your brilliant eyes flash with fire
 Your spirit is always fighting
 But you're beginning to tire
 I can see it in your face, smiling

 You eyes drift in a different direction
 Your shoulders are slumped
 When they aren't looking, you lose your expression
 What's holding you back, my artistic boy?


Your pen strikes the paper, night is nigh
 You work your heart and soul
 Perfection is all you want, you try and try
 Reaching, even though it's all cold

 Your ocean of thoughts are hidden behind
 Eyes that glimmer in the spotlight
 It's obvious that you are trying your best to find
 Why you've been blinded by tonight

 They don't know, I don't know
 But I still see it, somewhere, a quiet crying
 Not the kind you put on for show
 But inside, you're dying, my stoic, silent writer.




Flash a smile, make a confession
 You're front and center, and you don't know why
 You feel like this is all misdirection
 A grand plot to make you continue living the lie

 You know that this isn't the way a righteous man
 Acts when given such a gift, but now
 You want to keep that place, you continue to stand
 Even though you know you should bow

 Truth is slapping in your face, yet you turn away
 You want to stay in this place
 It's like something's taken over you, since that day
 Why do you sing with such a solemn face?




You're following; it's all you know to do
 Following something broken and wild
 You hold onto their example, set before you
 Because you're really still a child

 Too young, now nothing's gonna hold you
 Your impetuous face is sweet
 Your smiles are friendly and seem true
 But I think inside, you're longing for direction




 What should I say now? I don't know
 Except that the last time I saw you
 I didn't want to think you were that way, so
 I thought for a long time about the truth

 You always make me laugh,
 You always make me smile
 But there's something about that
 I have to stop and think a while

 Why do you always seem cheerful,
 Yet behind that face so carefree
 I wonder if there's really something woeful
 Something you let no one see.


It's all a big mystery, behind each one
But finding the truth isn't difficult
I know you need help and that you can't run
And your lives are filled with tumult

Reaching you...
I want to at least point toward the Light
I need to
And make it, just a little bit, all right.

7 comments:

Timeless Trinkets said...

Very sweet. I think know who this is about.

Argentia Krystofel said...

You probably do. >.>

I find it ironic, though, that most of it was written the day we had our earthquake here in VA. Here I was, writing, writing, writing, and then *faint shudder*. It was pretty weird..and I didn't get to finish my poem because all the excitement broke my concentration.

Hannah Leigh said...

If it's who I think it's for - wow. Wow, anyway! It's so beautiful - I was sitting here reading it on the verge of crying. Just... wow. Even if it's not who I think it's for - it still applies so amazingly.

Every word is so true; you took it right out of my heart. My heavy heart.

I wish... I wish I could, too.
Do you mind if I post this on my blog and give you the credit? I'm printing it, now. It's so beautiful, girl.

Argentia Krystofel said...

Hannah-It's about who you think. ;) Hence the nifty little 5top...figured it might tip you off slightly. Of course, Mom got it right away..so it's obviously way too easy to figure out. XD
1st 2 lines...Bleach...
2nd 3 lines...I think you know already...
3rd 3 lines...I'll Be There.
4th 2 lines...Maknae.
5th...3 lines? Smiles!!!


Awwww, it touches my heart that it moved you so...actually, your sentiments made me go outside and pray, which I've been meaning to do all day but haven't had that extra SHOVE to get me to go. XD

I know. My heart feels heavy, too. But it's not a sinful kind of heavy. It's a God-fearing heavy, a genuine desire to see Him glorified in the lives of others.

Go ahead!!! :D I'm glad that you like it so. Trust me, it came out of the depths of my heart...on the day of the earthquake here in VA, to be exact. I was listening to the Inception Soundtrack...the track entitled 'Time'. Invokes a creative feeling and made me sit back and actually think about things. Almost made me melancholy, so I had to get it out somehow! >.<

-Argentia

Hannah Leigh said...

I know. *sigh*
This morning I got up at 5:12, and went out onto the back deck. It was very cold, and the moon was actually just going down behind the tree line; it was like someone had turned on a light! It was shining sooo brightly, and everything was this amazing ghostly color, and the stars were so vivid and bright - it was breathtaking. I stood out there and prayed - again - for people. It was a sad, yet... amazing feeling? You know what I mean? It's just... beautifully sad.

Cylleruion Gwaithovorn said...

That was top notch. I enjoyed reading it and I don't normally go for poetry.

Argentia Krystofel said...

Hannah-Yep, I know beautifully sad!

Cylleruion-Well, I'm glad you liked it. Actually, I'm pretty surprised. Also, glad to see you're back from your vacation.

-Argentia