Monday, November 7, 2011

That Moment...

When you realize you can turn out more words in your novel when you start to do a self-rant than when you're actually writing about your characters.
 Ahem.
 Wasting my time writing things that I must delete from my wordcount is quite stupid, but I must admit I've practically done it all day. It's the 6th of November and I'm already rather frustrated. I have no idea what I plan on doing for the rest of the month, or if things get "harder" than they are right now, but oh, well. I'm hoping that maybe this is as hard as it will get.

 So....I have no idea what I'm supposed to write about in this post except...a poem. I've been writing too many poems lately.

 The sky is an open space of blue
 With little white clouds like snow drifts
 Dotting the sky; white ink splotches
 It's chilly; the scattered leaves the wind lifts

 Are flying up towards the sky
 The sky that I stare at with wonder
 I wish by dreams I could fly
 And that I could lift the leaf you are under

 I know that there are places I've never seen
 And I wish I could taste the air
 I wish I weren't standing here where I've been
 And instead I am standing there
 
 Right now, I want to be just a certain way
 But I know my place and it's here
 Maybe, I can see it in my dreams and someday
 That chance will be more near

 The leaves clatter on the nearly empty branches
 Like little hands giving an applause
 The sunlight, golden and bright, dances
 Upon everything and for a moment, I pause

 It's beautiful.

3 comments:

Hannah Leigh said...

You should have added only one thing to that pretty poem: a butterfly.

Argentia Krystofel said...

Ah, you know, you're right...it does seem very butterfly-esque...

I'll have to remember this in the future. >.<

Hannah Leigh said...

^.^