Friday, November 4, 2011

The Wind of November

 Blowing against my face gently
 The wind whispered around me

 I stared up at the gray, clouded sky
 And I saw all I ever wanted to see

 The world was quiet as I took a walk
 I kicked at the dry leaves cluttered on the road

 I felt like the whole world was huge,
 And I felt as if I were bearing a very heavy load

 The wind tossed the tiny dead leaves and flowers
 The gentle wind, but somehow I began to think

 Why the wind? Why the wind?
 Whether it's a gentle breeze, or a great typhoon

 It always manages to move something
 Doesn't it, and it will move that something soon

 Do you know where the wind that you love
 Do you know where it comes from?

 Why does it fill you with such breathlessness?
 Gray skies, bare trees, heading home

 I pulled my jacket closer, I took longer strides
 I took it in with wonder

 The air, cold, real, and yet numbing
 The wind of November

 The wind that I feel, that you've felt
 The wind that moves you

 The wind that fills you with emptyness
 The wind from Who?



 -Argentia

3 comments:

Hannah Leigh said...

Oh, Caroline... wow. That's... AISH! How come you can take the words right outta my mouth even before I can get them on paper!? --.--
That. Was. Beautiful. As always.

Thanks for such a pretty piece of work! I'm sure people near and far would love it...

Argentia Krystofel said...

I was on a walk. The wind was blowing so gently, yet...I couldn't help but notice it.
Thanks. It really just sort-of came to me. Rainy evening...earlier walk under a gray, open sky...>.<

You're welcome! >///< I enjoyed writing it! ^.^

Hannah Leigh said...

*sigh* ... beautiful.

Oh - and Jung Su wants to know how you liked his post. He's standing behind me with crossed arms and tapping his foot. >.>