Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Last year today...

Crystal clear skies
And pale, hollow sunlight



It's December 12th...I'm sitting in front of my computer with a cup of chai tea, sipping it lazily, watching a good show that finally has English subtitles.
I'm doing nothing in particular as I dream of the snow that I wish would fall before Christmas. It rarely ever does; I only remember one truly white Christmas in this town.
I'm wasting time by being envious of people elsewhere who have had it snow already. Our seasons are somewhat more unpredictable.
 It was around this time a year ago that some friends came to our house to make truffles; my mom's special Christmas treats that she somehow manages to get talked into doing at least once a year. Normally, it's a result of me, being the chocoholic that I am. But on this particular day, I wasn't looking forward to it at all. I was quite distraught, with all of my shyness, as to what exactly I was going to talk about with these people.
 I guess it's the way the sunlight streams into our kitchen this afternoon that makes me think of it. I remember everything so clearly, even though it was a year ago! It was a really interesting day.
 I can't say the same for today. Though I feel like it's a day where I should be up, going places, doing things, I feel like staying right here and not doing anything. I finished the episode. Now I've gone on to writing a post and editing a novel.
 I haven't touched the novel I wrote last year. I probably need to.
 I was watching D.Gray-man this time last year. I sort-of want to go watch D.Gray-man again, just because I can. XD Right now, I'm watching a lot of K-dramas, though, and hoping to finish Durarara!! at some point.
 I'm surprised that last year I was so oblivious to what was going on around me, and that this year things are so much different. ^.^;
 I'll probably go do laundry later and clean my room...which has returned to it's passtime of looking like a dump. >.>
 
 *sigh* It's an apathetic Monday.

 -Argentia

3 comments:

Hannah Leigh said...

An apathetic monday - but a new week to look forward to new things.
You an me both, girl. ^_^
Hey - wasn't that when we came over to do the chocolate, too? Wasn't that when I completely broke it to you; the D's had to leave early, right? If that's it... wow. A year ago?

- hannah

P.S. Wish Daehyun good luck - he's giving me a headache - he won't write right! >.<

Argentia Krystofel said...

Hahaha, yes, actually...since truffles are made with chocolate, then you are probably thinking the same day.
Umm, yes, actually, that was the day!!! It's strange that I didn't think more of it, because I had to run off to Cylleruion's house for the whole weekend with his sister and Sir_F, and I guess I just didn't think about it at all...I am dead serious-it didn't cross my mind once while I was there. XD So I didn't remember it.
A year ago is right, dear. Feels like it's been longer. I'm really so happy to have spent that day with you!!! ^.^



So many names that start with D. I'll wish him good luck...hopefully it won't come to blows; he's generally good about doing what people tell him to unless he's feeling *terribly* stubborn, and that's rare. :P

Hannah Leigh said...

It's amazing to think about it, actually!!! *giddydance*

Hmhmhm... I'll just poke him with chopsticks - that'll do it! >.< *evillaugh*